Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Years Eve for Rock/Metal fans

Options
  • 29-12-2011 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭

So what are you guys doin on New Years Eve??

We're probably headed into town to Club Hell at Reilly's, 6Euro in and all drinks 3 Euro all night, seems like a great deal.

Was gonna hang around Swords but the place will be full of gob****es so i reckon a Rock/Metal bar will be the best place to be

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Heading to the New Years Eve Session in Fibbers Rock Bar.

372998_251620664905017_461526076_n.jpg

Fibbers New Years Eve Session

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Think ill just go to my local in Kildare tbh . The thoughts of heading into Dublin for NYE always puts me off .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

If I'm in town I'll be at Living After Midnight in The Pint:
    http://www.facebook.com/events/131053893656529/
    http://www.last.fm/event/2043684+Living+After+Midnight

Or I'll just go to bed 'cause NYE is a load of me hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

As with the last few years it'll be a house party for me. As I get older my tolerance for pubs packed beyond capacity with drunken strangers gets less and less :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭googsy

scudzilla wrote: »
    So what are you guys doin on New Years Eve??

A few things lol -

Will be doing my best not to hear that poxy ould lang syne song... it hurts me even having to type out title of that song..

Phone will be switched off at 12 midnight sharp so I don't have to look at sh1te happy new year texts

Basically tuning out of it all for 5 or 6 hours until the hysteria blows over and the 1st of January arrives.

Roll on Spring...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

House party, town for New years is horrible I find

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I was in Gypsy Rose last year - I think Thunderstruck was blasted out at midnight.

No idea what I'll be doing this year. Won't be paying into O'Reillys, it's only a pub! The Pint looks good, tis a good spot to go to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

well we just had a new baby boy on the 28th (he's got huge hands, going to be a guitarist, definately!), so I think former plans are cancelled! Was gonna go the The Pint however. Although usually house parties are my preference on NYE.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Zerroth

The Pint it will be for me then a house party if I'm not too messed up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Baggio1

maybe an evening with me and the mighty RM2 and some RUSH cd's for some serious hard rocking drumming :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Was gonna head to this but people flake out so no one to go with :( Going home for weekend... I fukn hate NYE. Used to go to my balcony and listen to people bang pots and pans and set off fireworks over in the Townsend St flats.

397032_342192465806697_120927311266548_1432472_1961591003_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

House party for me, but really wish I'd heard about Fibbers earlier, with the 4 euro drinks and free entry and what not. Plus I'm guarenteed daycent music there... ah well, there's always next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I'm not doing **** all because where I live isn't great for that sort of thing, wish I was in Vegas, watching Guns N Roses at The Joint

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Sat in and watched Jools last night, not regretting that, good viewing...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Nailz wrote: »
    Sat in and watched Jools last night, not regretting that, good viewing...
    I did the same thing. I'm still hungover today but at least I don't have a gaping hole in my wallet.

Advertisement