Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow PC ever since New GPU Instalation

Options
  • 29-12-2011 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭

Ever since I installed my new Sapphire 1GB 6950 Graphics card my computer has been acting a slower upon boot up, the boot up screen where it says 'Press F5 for whatever' takes about 30 seconds to load up, then signing into my profile will take anywhere from, 15-20 seconds to fully load, I don't know what it is, I have tried uninstalling the NVIDIA drivers but then I click Uninstall in control panel it does nothing, any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Power Supply.......

Do you have the specs of the PSU? Whats the wattage rating on it and what does it say the Output is for the 12V in Amps?

alrighty then, shut me right the hell up.

not sure then what might be causing the problem to be occuring even in the BIOS, unless the PSU is somehow not delivering enough power through the rail or something. XFX is not on AMDs list of tested PSUs

http://support.amd.com/us/certified/power-supplies/Pages/listing.aspx

30 seconds for a BIOS page to load seems pretty funky. It could be a defective card, or again, a rail not supply enough amperage. Strange issue either way.

and eh, your disc drive is empty right, its not trying to boot from your driver CD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

You should try clearing the cmos (remove battery on motherboard and pop it back in) and see does that help.

I reckon a bios and CMOS Reset and nuking the Windows install. It's the only way to be sure. Computers usually run a lot slicker after an annual reinstall anyway.

Advertisement