Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New monitor and CPU cooler?

Options
  • 29-12-2011 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hey guys, did my build a few months back and thought it was time to do some finishing touches! I'm using a AMD Phenom II x4 965 CPU and I'm looking firstly to replace the stock heatsink that it comes with(sounds like a jet taking off beside me constantly when the computers under heavy load -.-). I'm not looking for any water cooling or anything, just a nice cheap-ish, dependable cooler. I will probably dabble a bit with overclocking once I get the new cooler.
    I'm also looking for a new monitor to replace my ancient one (Acer AL1916w ;p) I'm looking for a HD 24" monitor with nice colouring and low (preferably 2ms) response time, I'll mainly be gaming/watching movies but also some 3D modelling/animation ect with it. I've tried doing my own research into good monitors but there seems to be new released ones so often I thought I'd see if anyone on here had a little bit of up-to-date knowledge on monitors :p
    The only bad thing is that my limit of spending is around the €200 mark for both the monitor and cooler, but could probably go a little over that, but not by too much.
    Cheers in advance for any help,
    Kev.

Comments

Advertisement