Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manky Garage Floor

• 29-12-2011 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

im looking to clean a garage floor.ive power hosed the heavy layer of grease oil and mud off and now i want to get the last layer of oil and grease off it so i can get some kind of paint on the floor,any ideas on a detergent to remove this layer,ive checked out acids etc but i think this doesn't react or move oil stains , any one know if 'chloras' would do ,or is the answer a hard core detergent?
    also advice on floor paint welcome too.
    thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Hell Toupee

What about GUNK - the engine cleaner - should dissolve all the grease then just rinse off with wash up liquid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I would use a hot powerwash followed by a strong alkali degreaser and powerwash with cold water to rinse it off.
    Do you have any guys locally who do powerwashing? It might just pay to get one of them to do it.

Advertisement