Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone 4s Screen Replacement!

• 29-12-2011 7:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

Cracked my iphone 4s screen last week.Still works fine! Anyone no where in Dublin would be the best place to get it repaired and how much it would cost?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭swhyte027

I'd reckon the screen is the same as the 4 although the iPhone 3G and 3GS had different screens so I'm not sure I no a lad in Dublin sells them on adverts.ie not sure if they repair but I done my own myself it's grand and handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭swhyte027

I'd reckon the screen is the same as the 4 although the iPhone 3G and 3GS had different screens so I'm not sure I no a lad in Dublin sells them on adverts.ie not sure if they repair but I done my own myself it's grand and handy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

try express tech on baggot street. absolutely great guys. even tried to fit a new piece of glass to an iPod touch which was a bit bent at the corners, 2 weeks later the whole lcd went mad and only displayed white. the lads said they couldn't fix it and even refunded the cost of the new glass but still left it on it.

no connection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

swhyte027 wrote: »

They're not, you can get them on ebay for about €40

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/iPHONE-4S-REPLACEMENT-LCD-SCREEN-AND-DIGITIZER-ASSEMBLY-/160702894226?pt=UK_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item256aa39092

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

They are technically the same screens but 2 of the brackets are positioned differently(I've seen companies simply cut them off), don't buy a cheap one, there is a protective coating on apple screens which is not on the cheaper screens, I've also seen dead pixels, washed out colours, etc.
    Expect to pay€50+ for an original or high copy with Protective coating screen or €70-150 fitted
    You get what you pay for

Edit*they are not that easy to fit and I've seen people ruin their iphone4's by thinking they are.

• Advertisement
Advertisement