Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Overdraft AIB

• 29-12-2011 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

Moneys a bit short this week with it been after xmas anyway i've got 15 quid in my aib account and want to take out 35 can I do this at the ATM and will there be any additional fees when I get wages into my account next thursday?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

These days, the ATM will usually just give you an insufficient funds message.

The fees for unauthorised O/D can be quite saucy.

It'd be probably worth asking them for a small O/D facility on the account, but it's usually best to do this while the account's in credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Solair wrote: »
    These days, the ATM will usually just give you an insufficient funds message.

The fees for unauthorised O/D can be quite saucy.

It'd be probably worth asking them for a small O/D facility on the account, but it's usually best to do this while the account's in credit.

or could I just stick my card into a different machine and take out the OD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

James__10 wrote: »
    or could I just stick my card into a different machine and take out the OD?

Eh, yeah, but to be honest, I'd sooner borrow €35 quid off a mate than pay AIB's over limit fees!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭justbored

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Do you have a credit card? Might be worth just taking a cash advance on it.

You won't be able to take out more money than you have in your account, and there is usually a once-off fee to arrange an overdraft facility - even an annual fee with some banks. I'd say you need to apply for an overdraft facility in the branch too, and not over the phone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement