Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of upgrading graphics card (need help)

Options
  • 29-12-2011 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Hi well as the above says i recently purchased a custom built desktop, i was assured this was brilliant and that my graphics card was top of the range, i have recently been told my graphics card is top of the range. for the lower range cards, i was just wondering if anyone could advise me on cards that suit and will work on my machine, here is my spec thanks.

Processor Speed: 3.1 GHz
    Core Qty: 2
    Memory Capacity: 4 GB
    Form Factor: ATX
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics
    Networking: Wired: 100 MBps
    Processor Manufacturer: Intel

Processor: Intel Core i3 3.1 GHz Dual Core i3-2100
    Memory: 4 GB DDR3 1333 (Up to 8GB Supported)
    Hard Drive: 1 TB
    Optical Drive: 22x DVD+/-RW
    Power Supply: 500W
    Motherboard: ASRock H61M-S
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics with Dynamic Frequency
    Sound: 5.1 CH HD Audio
    Networking: wired - 10/100Mbps
    Operating System: Windows 7 / Vista / XP - Whatever
    Rear Panel I/O:
    1 x PS/2 Mouse Port
    1 x PS/2 Keyboard Port
    1 x VGA/D-Sub Port
    1 x VGA/DVI-D Port
    6 x Ready-to-Use USB 2.0 Ports
    1 x RJ-45 LAN Port with LED (ACT/LINK LED and SPEED LED)
    HD Audio Jack: Line in / Front Speaker / Microphone
    Front I/O: USB 2.0 x 2, Front HD Audio Connector, Front Microphone Connector
    Warranty: 1 Year RTB on parts only

Graphics Card : VTX 3D 2GB PCIeX Radeon HD6550 Card - DDR3 DX11 VGA/DVI/HDMI

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

whats your budget
    what you whana do and how enthusiastic you are about gaming
    more details on psu, what brand is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Dunno where you got the info from, but your graphics card is decidedly low-end. We'll need a budget and PSU details as Shadow has already pointed out.

If you're not sure about PSU details, you'll need to pop off the side door and take a picture of your PSU, so that we can get all the specs from it. The inside of your PC will look something like this. Your PSU will be similar looking, though it might also be at the bottom, depending.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ciaran219

6550 is the one i am actually running,but i was in contact with the owner that i bought this from. he is replacing my PSU and upgrading my Graphics card to the 6950 instead. ( free) :)

Advertisement