Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco selling easter eggs

Options
  • 29-12-2011 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭

Have tesco lost the plot sellling easter eggs so soon after xmas?
    Ive heard dunnes is to follow suit.Ah2DfRcCIAE77lM.jpg

just seen this on twitter and some thoughts would be nice!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Free enterprise bitches...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not a Consumer Issue - moved to Snacks & Sweets

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

€5 tins of Quality Street? mods should move this to bargain alerts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Easter Eggs? Hardly. It's just a few Creme Eggs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

If you think those are easter eggs, you must have had a very deprived childhood :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

OP those are not easter eggs, these are easer eggs.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_IUX745WRIXI/S4Goo49otwI/AAAAAAAAB04/GdtoTrW70gA/s400/EasterEggs.jpg

I'm sure if you look on Google Images you'll find plenty more images of easter eggs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

To be fair to the OP one of the packages on the bottom shelf says "Make it a magical Easter with..."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

To be fair to the OP one of the packages on the bottom shelf says "Make it a magical Easter with..."
    These are Easter-related confectionary items - I'm not denying that - but they're definitely not Easter Eggs!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Every year since 2008, Tesco have had a delivery of Easter confectionery in Dec. Every September the rolls of Christmas sweets come in. That's the idea of having a seasonal dept, so one season takes over from the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

The Euro shop in the Ilac shopping centre in Dublin had 2 or 3 different ones back in December. Thats one way to confuse children anyways!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Easter Eggs? Hardly. It's just a few Creme Eggs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadbury_Creme_Egg#Availability
    Availability

Creme eggs are available annually between January 1 and Easter Day.[4] In the 1980s Cadbury made Creme Eggs available year-round but sales dropped and they returned to seasonal availability.

I seem to remember other creme egg 'seasons' too. I think the seasonal marketing is very clever.

Keep an eye out for cheap christmas packaged stuff in tesco, I saw some KP nuts were half price, sometimes stuff is sold off for pittance.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

Creme eggs? Yum!

Advertisement