Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying first xbox (ps3 owner)

Options
  • 29-12-2011 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

so im really thinking of buying a new xbox 360 s 350gb. just bored of ps3 really.

where is the best place to buy one? brand new or 2nd hand?..the sale in pcworld ends friday but i cant buy one until another 3 weeks or so :(

are they really good or am i honestly better off with my ps3? ive have friends on both consoles and feel like im losing out with the ps3 ones and also losing out by not buying a xbox too..all ill really play is cod and fifa so i dont want a bundle ill just buy them both on ebay, i have no interest in the kinect malarky either

am i risking having my xbox break soon after buying 2nd hand? even from a legit store in the city centre(dublin) ? am i better off getting it brand new for around 230??

really confused..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

for irish users ps3 has rte player and that weird indie movie rental thing...whats xbox got in terms of them apps and other things excluding gaming?..sorry for these ridicilous questions but i havent played an xbox since the huge fat ones when my cousin brought it over like 3-4 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

as an owner of both....
    xbox offers much more in terms of online content than PS3 - you've Sky go for starters if you're a sky subscriber, zune movies as well as more apps than you can shake a stick at...

For most part this is why I bought an xbox.. PS3 online content is completely starved in Ireland.. If only we had lovefilm, and other stuff it would be so much better - but Muvi and RTE Player are a complete waste of time.

Of course, once you get one, then starting getting those great xbox only exclusives :)
    I mostly do most of my online stuff with clan on PS3, but then have xbox and PC for stuff that can't be gotten on there or is better on those platforms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Buy a new 360 and don't forget to pick up an xbox live subscription for online play.

I mostly play on the PS3 myself but I play the 360 from time to time : Halo , Gears of War etc... . the 360 has better online elements such as it's party option and cross game chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Batmantastic

As everyone above as already stated, the online features on Xbox are superior to PS3. I use my PS3 for the exclusives and the single player games that look better on there. For all multiplayer games I use the Xbox.

If you're hesitant about shelling out 60 quid for Xbox LIVE straight off the bat, you get a Month free trial when you create your account, so long as you select that you DON'T want a subscription at the end of signup.

Give it a bash for a month, check out all of the features that the Xbox has and I reckon you'll never look back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

As everyone above as already stated, the online features on Xbox are superior to PS3. I use my PS3 for the exclusives and the single player games that look better on there. For all multiplayer games I use the Xbox.

If you're hesitant about shelling out 60 quid for Xbox LIVE straight off the bat, you get a Month free trial when you create your account, so long as you select that you DON'T want a subscription at the end of signup.

Give it a bash for a month, check out all of the features that the Xbox has and I reckon you'll never look back.

:eek:

cough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Batmantastic

theteal wrote: »
    :eek:

cough

I was quoting the RRP from retailers. But that is definitely the best option. Even so, if the OP is hesitant about shelling out €46 for a sub, the months free trial will settle it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

ive decided ill get a 4gb slim model...i can use a old hdd to upgrade it to whatever i want..tutorials all over youtube...cant find any 2nd hand overs for less than 150...they are 160 in shops :S

Advertisement