Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 red light

Options
  • 29-12-2011 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, got a red light bottom right one on Xmas eve would ya believe. Not happy. Anyway rang microsoft and they told me it cost 80 quid online to fix or 100 over the phone cause my xbox is 4 yrs old. Please tell me there's a cheaper way. Shops in Dublin area for example?? Turning off and on didn't work. Took all leads out put back in again still nothin. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Comments

Seeing as how it's 4 years old, the cheapest option would probably be selling it on adverts.ie for kinda cheap and then using that money towards a new/secondhand one.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Moved from games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

do you get a error code on screen, if so what code is it

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

more than likely its e74 or e73

There is definatly cheaper ways to get your xbox fixed
    But if something is dirt cheap its usually too good to be true,
    -Lots of cowboy hack jobs out there in relation to 360 repair-

If you do get it repaired make sure the person who repairs it uses something called a rework station.

If they don't, don't let them near your 360 because it will be butchered.

couple of people on this thread that offer the service http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055478489
    The people that use the proper equipment state it in there ads

Advertisement