Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed re eircom broadband

Options
  • 29-12-2011 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi all
    My contract with eircom is up today, im paying approximately 60 euro per month for unlimited broadband and anytime local and national calls , my question is can i get a deal from eircom for unlimited broadband without having to pay for a phone package also?????????????/:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi all
    My contract with eircom is up today, im paying approximately 60 euro per month for unlimited broadband and anytime local and national calls , my question is can i get a deal from eircom for unlimited broadband without having to pay for a phone package also?????????????/:D

Thanks for your query seniorstaff,

Essentially you can opt for broadband without a phone package. However, broadband on it's own, along with line rental, will not be as cost effective. Opting for a bundled phone and broadband package is cheaper, even if you decide not to use the voice calls or bundled offers. We put the phone packages and broadband together in this way, so that we can offer reduced call packages to our customers.

The following link will show you all our current Products and Packages: LINK
    You can also avail of further online savings if you choose to upgrade or change your package. You can also input your telephone number into our 'best suitable' package generator - and you will be guided to the best bundled package, whether you're a light or heavy Internet customer - LINK

The way eircom connect you to the Internet is through our fixed phoneline network. Therefore the phoneline is essential for us to provide you with this service. We also provide Internet through our mobile or data networks, for example e-Mobile. We are also currently involved with fibre broadband trials and will be moving into advanced broadband backup networks and services in the future.

However fixed phone line broadband is still the most common and efficient way of providing our Internet service. If you include the many value added services, along side our Next Generaltion Broadband: including free access to MusicHub, StudyHub, etc, - reduced call packages, backup support services - longest opening hours, etc, - it still works out very competitive to others.

Let me know, or call into Broadband Sales if you need any further advice on eircom's phone & broadband packages :

Broadband Sales : freefone - 1800 503303

Have a good new year.
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 29 stonebob

im with digiweb for 41 euros a month at 8 mps which is really fast and 50 gigs/month and phone looked at the others no one is close

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Blikes

stonebob wrote: »
    im with digiweb for 41 euros a month at 8 mps which is really fast and 50 gigs/month and phone looked at the others no one is close

I'd use 50 gigs in 7 days... :P
    Eircom Unlimited!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 stonebob

i dont work for digiweb but would be surprised if eircom offer better value they probably have the unlimited package as well..eircom charge line rental which puts up the price..

Advertisement