Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jumping Church

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

I went there a few years ago for other reasons, and spotted the odd bit of wall and the info plaque. No idea how or why it happened, but its kinda cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭CajunPenguin

holy crap :D that's deadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

When I was a kid and we used to travel along this road my parents would say "we're near the jumping church now"

I would look out the car window expecting to see a church flying through the air ... and was disappointed ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Maybe there were two walls and one of them just completely collapsed and is no longer there? :confused: Looks like the grave was never inside the boundires of the wall to begin with, and may have been excommunicated at time of burial..double walled so they can't come in and the story grew legs over the centuries?

Advertisement