Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with test build

Options
  • 29-12-2011 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi all, just got my pc today and decided to do a test build but there seems to be no image on screen through the hdmi cable? Its my first time building one but I'm sure I've followed all the steps correctly... I'd really love to get this sorted ASAP as its kinda taking up half my kitchen!

Spec is:
    Asrock Z68 extreme4 gen 3 mobo
    Intel core i5-2500k
    8 gig corsair vengeance
    Noctua NH-D14 cooler system
    Corsair enthusiast series 750m psu

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Check that the memory is properly seated. If that doesn't work, try one stick at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Cillo rs200

Tried that there but no joy! I also swapped the hdmi cable for a simple monitor cable in case it was a driver issue but it didn't make a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

If you've a dedicated graphics card, try connecting the HDMI cable to that instead. If it's already connected to the graphics card, connect it to the motherboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Cillo rs200

That was exactly the problem! Took my computer illiterate father to point it out to me! Some man! I'm all set up now anyway cheers for your help!

Advertisement