Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 rd year australian visa?

Options
  • 29-12-2011 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

hi. i heard some pub talk lately that if you have completed your work holiday visas for first and second year that if you have not overstayed your visa it is possible to get a new year work holiday if it is more than 3 years since you left australia? any thoughts on this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

My thoughts are there was a lot of drink consumed that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

shanem4422 wrote: »
    hi. i heard some pub talk lately that if you have completed your work holiday visas for first and second year that if you have not overstayed your visa it is possible to get a new year work holiday if it is more than 3 years since you left australia? any thoughts on this
    This doesn't even make sence, if you have not overstayed but here more than 3 years? It's impossible to be here more than 2 years on a whv (legally)

But it's false

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

I once heard they were banning Germans from getting WHVs for a year because there were too many coming.

I once heard the 3 months country work was just going to be abolished because too many Irish wanted to stay but couldnt be arsed going to the sticks.

Ive heard "figures" quoted (e.g. they used to only check 10% of Irish 2nd year applicants, now they check 70%)

I heard....a few more. Generally immigration law chat you see anywhere bar the media is a load of sh1te tbh (though the last point might be somewhat true- however the actual percentages, I dont know where people come up with them)

Advertisement