Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Internet Hate Machine

Options
  • 29-12-2011 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭

Beautiful. So Beautiful.

http://consumerist.com/2011/12/ocean-marketing-learns-that-yes-there-is-such-a-thing-as-bad-publicity.html

So apparently: some company makes some bat**** stupid looking accessory for xbox controllers but is apparently awesome. So dave buys one before xmas and the shipping issues and hilarity ensue. The company that makes them uses a middleman marketing company for it's PR. Inside we see Dave getting very pissed at Ocean Marketing, and Ocean Marketing fires back with.... well internet trolling is of higher caliber.

So Dave CC'd Penny Arcade and others on the email. Ocean Marketing responds by saying a bunch of really debasing things that are more or less NSFW, and mocks Dave for trying to get PA to listen to him/this and how Ocean rents a booth at PAX and all this other ****. To which Mike at Penny arcade responds he will be canceling their booth at the next expo over the email. Ocean rep fires back at the Penny Arcade guy with some diatribe, and that's when Penny Arcade fired up the Internet Hate Machine. Blogged the whole altercation.

As a result the Ocean Marketing guy responds back with his tail up his arse and the company that makes the controller contacts all of it's customers informing them that they have axed the marketing firm.

I heart the interhighway.

http://penny-arcade.com/resources/just-wow1.html

i-G4Zgvkg-XL.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

To be fair the guy who made the actual product itself seems like a decent guy who just made the mistake of hiring an asshole to do the PR side of it.

The controller itself was designed for people with disabilities who might not be able to use a regular controller so it is a shame this asshole has done a lot of damage to the product and its innocent creator.

It was fun to see the Ocean marketing guy get punished but it went to far when his wife and kid got targeted too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

the pr guy kept digging too

KYM%20research-%20twitter%20OM%20Paul.jpg

Picture%2014.png

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

Helix wrote: »

I think that was a fake account, funny though :)

The real one is @OceanStratagy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Helix wrote: »

KYM%20research-%20twitter%20OM%20Paul.jpg

Picture%2014.png

What an idiot. All his so called apologies were just crying about getting caught. Hopefully he won't be getting too much work in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Vorrtexx wrote: »
    I think that was a fake account, funny though :)

The real one is @OceanStratagy
    futurama_fry_looking_squint.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I do love these internet hate machine stories

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

Overheal wrote: »
    futurama_fry_looking_squint.jpg

The one he used before he changed it was @OceanMarketting

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's getting murky but I think http://twitter.com/#!/OceanDeepSea is the real current account he's using now.

He's up on MSNBC now for **** sake http://ingame.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/28/9770514-chastened-gaming-rep-responds-to-internet-infamy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Its actually too difficult to tell between him and the troll accounts :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Been following this over the last few days, has been quite hilarious :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

It's been funny watching it develop.

The product itself shouldn't suffer, though, since this was the work of a pleb so it would be a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

How did that dude ever get a public facing job? Seriously!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I've been watching this as it broke. The guy's real twitter account is @oceandeepsea - he admitted as much himself in an MSNBC interview. He's also on a steroid forum and admits to juicing up, and has court documents online about a domestic violence case. Seems a class 1 dick really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Words fail me.

Advertisement