Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned

Options
  • 29-12-2011 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭

Hi kboc,

You have been banned from Prices/costs for the following duration:

7 Day(s)

for the following reason:

You were asked not to derail the thread any further but you continue with your arrogant comments. I have a duty to ensure that the threads can be informative and that distractions should be limited.

Providing your ban is not permanent, it will be lifted automatically after 7 Day(s). You will get an automatic message informing you that the ban is lifted. If you do not receive this message after the allotted time, please PM a moderator to clarify.

Bans occur after a serious rules breach so please keep in mind that Moderators don't just decide to ban people out of the blue. If you wish to appeal this ban, please follow our Dispute Resolution Process here. Your first action should always be to PM the Moderator(s) of the forum to discuss the ban. Remember that our Mods are volunteers and are not always online, so they may not be able to answer you straight away.

All the best,
    boards.ie
    Would like to contest this please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Can you post some more background info on the ban and why you want to contest it?

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭kboc

I can't give a full account/explanation as I have been blocked from the particular thread at hand. This has not happened to me before.

If I could have access to the thread then I will be able

Thank you

Ok, to speed this one along I've pasted the info below. Please wait for a reply from the Cmods.
    ban info wrote:
    Date Issued Forum Moderator Reason Duration Action
    2011-12-29, 9:18 pm Prices/costs muffler You were asked not to derail the thread any further but you continue with your arrogant comments. I have a duty to ensure that the threads can be informative and that distractions should be limited. 7 Day(s)

Location: Rec > Home & Garden > Construction & Planning > Prices/costs > Passive building

I still can't access this hyper link. And I am recalling these issues off the top of my head.

The ban has become a secondary issue by now.

I seen this happening and I PMed "Beruthiel" at least twice regarding Muffler and the issues I have with him/her. I got no reply to the messages that I sent, which were addressing exactly what then happened and resulted in my ban.

As you can see I made a comment about costs re some self build. Other Boardies robustly conjectured my statement was out of context. That was it. I took my medicine, realised I had made a simple mistake, stated this and apoligised.

Surprise, surprise Muffler had posted wanting to know how I was going to qualify this statement. A total over reaction, and totally pre-mediated considering our history.

I robustly counter argued a reasonable point saying I has no reason to justify my knowleage in this area (passive houses) which Muffler requested. I have never seen any other Boardie been asked to qualify themselves in this manner on such a realtively trivial issue with no legally binding issues. But, I did add some context, which trumps most other knowledge regarding Passive Builds.

A slighly worrying reference was the "Republic of Ireland". Muffler knows full well I live in N.Ireland and this was an added dig at me and there was absolutly no reason for this reference.

My ban is for the rather sarcastic/silly responses I made in relation to some of the comments mentioned above. Which, I do admit was childish, but reactive. Reacitve to somebody who is supposed to be impartial, a leader, exemplar knowledge/professionalism and general assistance to a healthy area within Boards. These attributes are not being shown with my experience of Mufffler. in fact there is increasing evidence that these attacks are premeditated and conflict causing. This situation is deterioarating.

So I would like the ban to be at least reduced or possibly rescinded, but, more importantly there is an obvious issue with myself and Muffler and I would like somebody to address this is a fair, objective and professional manner in which Boards is operated in.

Thank you
    K

Is there any way I can get a response, as the ban will have come and gone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Hi kboc,
    Myself and the other CMods have been reviewing this and are in no way long fingering it on you (we are volunteers with bossy wives, etc.).
    Can you please PM me (or post here) the two or more PMs that you sent Beruthiel? I feel that these may provide your case with more information as it may help explain your above points.
    Thanks.
    K.

Dear kbannon,

I do appreciate the volunteer aspect of this process and please accept my apologies.

I have tried since the outset of this thread to post/make available the PM you refer to, which I sent to Beruthiel. I can't, at least not with my limited knowledge of the boards software. I have looked in my own personal area of boards, and as far as I can see, I can not access PM's which I sent in the past. If this is not the case then maybe somebody could direct me to the appropriate page where I can access PM's which I have sent, and then I will be post them onto this thread.

Thank you for your help.

Regards
    K

1. go to your sent items: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/private.php?s=&pp=50&folderid=-1
    2. locate the first PM sent and open it.
    3. at the bottom of that message, you will see a button marked "forward" forward.gif - click it and insert my username (kbannon) or alternatively copy the PM text and paste as a message here as a new post

There is something wrong here.

When I do as you asked it says I have never sent any PM's. This is certainly not the case!

I have attached this as a file of a screen dump of my inbox.

Can Beruthiel not provide proof of these?

Regards
    K

I've PMed Beruthiel but bear in mind that she may not retain old PMs given the volume she is bound to receive.

• Advertisement

Ok. Beruthiel has been offline recently which is why she didn't see your PMs but she has now sent them onto me.

To be honest, I believe that you somehow feel there is a vendetta against you but as I continue looking into the background of all of this, it appears to be completely self fulfilling. The more you break the rules, the more you are reprimanded and therefore the more you feel that you are being victimised.

Your second PM to Beruthiel stated simply "i am getting fcuked right off here." I'm not sure what you expected from this but this is no way to contact anyone? Would you contact your bank manager with something like that?

For me though, I think you first need to read the relevant charters and understand the rules.

To be honest, for someone who has been here for 2 years & 220 posts, you should know the ropes on a public forum by now. I feel that you simply haven't and for this reason, I now feel I'm having to spend my time dealing with what actually appears to be a non-issue.

With regard to the ban, Muffler asked you to defend a statement and you seem to have flown completely off the handle. As it turns out your statement was incorrect. Muffler, I feel, was correct regardless of status as either a mod or as a standard user, to ask this. As soon as I read it, I didn't think anything of it other than the fact that prices vary depending on the country (e.g. VAT, pay rates, insurance, etc.).

However, seemingly taking this as a direct attack on you, you launch into a defensive tirade defending something which you later admit was incorrect. You need to calm down and start realising that not everyone is out to get you.

However, given previous warnings on here, I feel inclined to leave the remainder of the ban in place.

FWIW I don't see any pattern of intentional action taken against you by Muffler (or any other mod). While you may believe that there is intent to catch you out, I don't think there is any, I think it is more that you have been caught by the same mod for repeated offences. However, were it me or other CMods I think the outcome would have been the same (and we're not all collaborating and conspiring). I would suggest that should you continue to feel something is going on by a moderator, please contact me or one of the other CMods. Should you not like a particular post by a mod then don't react directly. Report it and follow up on it.

Thanks.

A few general comments to your reply;

1. no vendetta, just personality clash
    2. not self fulling, i log on here to learn from others, no other motive
    3. i have sailed close to the wind a few times and got caught and willingly take my medicine
    4. i am really glad you quoted that particular line from my PMs! what about all the other relevant points I made
    5. The fact that you say its a "non issue" really tells me that this appeals process is not giving me the time of day and listen to any point I make.
    6. Muffler was provoking a reaction. No other motives. In my everyday job, leaders and managment people are supposed to lead by example and be a claming affect on others, not wade in with abrasive comments
    7. Yes i flew off the handle, please see PM's I sent re Muffler for this rational
    8. I know my statement was in correct. I stated this, stated the reason for this and apoloigised
    9. Muffler was not correct in asking this. As this is not a legally sensitive situation, so people take my comments on face value, once these comments stay within the guidelines of Boards. I do not read anywhere in the guidlines where posters have to qualifiy everything.
    10. The tirade came first as I was wound up like previously mentioned, after this I then explained my mistake. If you look at the times on my entries they are all fairly close.
    11. You are right, i do need to calm down.
    12. Everybody is not out to get me, I know.
    13. Again, this is my issue with Boards, once a punishment is done, it is done, forgotten about. You cannot in any reasonable lawful land/area/system start to dish out punishments retrospectively.
    14. Don't know what FWIW means?
    15. The intentional pattern is so obvious it is unreal.
    16. I have been caught by other mods for other offences and I have forgotten about these. These were fully understandable and justifyable and I took my medicine.
    17. The outcome would of been the same, a ban. But, the length would probably not have been so long, and, more improtantly, the situation would not have occurred in the first place with another Mod. And this is one of the nubs of the issue at hand.

One other point i discovered on my travels aroubd boards recently. I discovered a reference to "trolling", never heard of this before, and so investiageted its meaning;
    An "Internet troll" or "Forum Troll" is a person who posts outrageous message to bait people to answer.

It could be robustly argued that the "Republic of Ireland" statement was trolling. As previously mentioned, Muffler knows full well I line in NI. Do you honestly think there is a smudgen of trolling in this comment by Muffler?

kboc, I'm not going to spend more time on this. With respect I've invested quite a bit of time on it already.
    I've made an impartial decision based on all of the facts provided.
    Am I really expected to get into a tit for tat discussion about this?

For me, I'm done. For you, I'd recommend following my advice rather than looking for an argument with anyone who is within earshot.

Thank you four time kbannon.

I think we will have to agree to disagree.
    But I cannot believe that I raise an issue (trolling) which is not going to be adjucated on. These hints of double standards are not good for my blood pressure!

Good luck
    K

kboc wrote: »
    Thank you four time kbannon.

I think we will have to agree to disagree.
    But I cannot believe that I raise an issue (trolling) which is not going to be adjucated on.

It has been adjudicated on, by kbannon.

Cmod decision upheld, case closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement