Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teleporter or farm handler

• 29-12-2011 10:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭

Hi All

My brother's on the lookout for either a Teleporter or farm handler year around 1998 but which is the best and which is the most sought after. ( would intend to sell it in future so which would be the best to sell on).
    JCB seems to be the most popular make to go for but what the most reliable.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭roosky

we bougth a teleporter jcb farm special its a 94 but a hum dinger great reliable machine.....

another option is buying a jcb wheeled digger a brilliant machine handier drove than a telehandeler as there are no huge blind spots....aswell as that you have a digger you can use or get a bit a work for

drawback are the lack of a telescopic arm

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/machinery/2648561

this for example isn too dear considering we gave 10,000 for our yolk a lock a years back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭kincaid

yes crazy price but the export market has not helped things either..what reach is yours? they are all 4wd these too ?

ok we are to look at a 1998 SANDERSON FARM HANDLER TELESCOPIC machine,
    The owner said he spent €3400 on it and has the receipts.
    7 metre reach, tyres 70%, in good perfect working order.
    He needs €8000 for it no vat,
    What these sanderson like ??? What you's think ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭roosky

eh 1.5 m extention and ya 4 wd with the crab steer option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

kincaid wrote: »
    ok we are to look at a 1998 SANDERSON FARM HANDLER TELESCOPIC machine,
    The owner said he spent €3400 on it and has the receipts.
    7 metre reach, tyres 70%, in good perfect working order.
    He needs €8000 for it no vat,
    What these sanderson like ??? What you's think ??
    I have a'96 sanderson 1135 for plastering and around the farm . Its a simple machine with no electrics worth talking about and has given no trouble since i bought it even though its a bit rough looking . I would recommend the sanderson anyhow

• Advertisement

I might get this at few hundred less but that would be it but maybe good enough buy . He says he been offered €7500 for it for export.

its similar to this one on donedeal but few years younger

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tractors/2820911

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭valtra8150

if hell be doing a lot of road work dont go for teleporter there not good on roads blindspots over heating slow and bumpy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭tfox

buy a Matbro/redrock/manitou type wheeled loader. We have 2 Matbro TR200's and you would not believe how handy they are, make a tractor and loader seem like a waste of time.

Far handier in tight spots than a teleporter, once you get the hang of the artic steer they are very maneuverable around the yard. We have an 8ft rake for silage, pushes up a whole 16ft trailer in one go if you want to, great for clearing up bushes too.

Extra height on the boom is great too, 7 m I think. Makes loading grain lorries a dream. Will lift over 2 tonne on the pallet forks which is all you need on a farm. Pin and cone hitch very easy to use and hydraulic locking is a godsend, no more hopping out in the wet and rain fighting wit levers that wont budge !!

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭F.D

roosky wrote: »
    we bougth a teleporter jcb farm special its a 94 but a hum dinger great reliable machine.....

another option is buying a jcb wheeled digger a brilliant machine handier drove than a telehandeler as there are no huge blind spots....aswell as that you have a digger you can use or get a bit a work for

drawback are the lack of a telescopic arm

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/machinery/2648561

this for example isn too dear considering we gave 10,000 for our yolk a lock a years back

i think a digger like above would be handy, heavy enough for all loader work and having the jib on the back would be very handy was even only saying it at home the other day where we have a few odd jobs, not enough to hire in a fella for a few hours but still if you could do them yourself as the came up it would be ideal, seen one the other day with two bales on the front and one tuckked under the back arm heading to an out farm or field i suppose to feed

On the matbros, were they not seen as the unreliable brand years ago? just going off the rumours i heard which cant always be taken as gospel! cracking around the pins etc, seem like a handy compact machine otherwise and the extra reach would be good to have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭st1979

I had a MF 50 hxs and would not recommend them for working on the farm compared to a decent tractor and loader or teleporter as they are designed to have a big heavy bucket on the front the whole time. If you put a bale tines on the digger rears the whole time with the weight of the backactor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭stop thelights

F.D wrote: »
    i think a digger like above would be handy, heavy enough for all loader work and having the jib on the back would be very handy was even only saying it at home the other day where we have a few odd jobs, not enough to hire in a fella for a few hours but still if you could do them yourself as the came up it would be ideal, seen one the other day with two bales on the front and one tuckked under the back arm heading to an out farm or field i suppose to feed

On the matbros, were they not seen as the unreliable brand years ago? just going off the rumours i heard which cant always be taken as gospel! cracking around the pins etc, seem like a handy compact machine otherwise and the extra reach would be good to have

We have 94 matbro tr200 with nearly 12 years carcking machine. We do 500-600 hrs a year and she very rarely gives trouble. I reckon we've spent 2000 on it since we've had major thing bein the hydraulic pump but it has the hours done too so i wouldnt complain. Bought it 16grand old money and had an offer for 13,500 euro against a new jcb. Would i trade it in??Nope:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

st1979 wrote: »
    I had a MF 50 hxs and would not recommend them for working on the farm compared to a decent tractor and loader or teleporter as they are designed to have a big heavy bucket on the front the whole time. If you put a bale tines on the digger rears the whole time with the weight of the backactor.

interesting, never heard that criticism before.

does removing the back bucket make much difference? have you tried weighting the bale handler?

how hard is it to remove the back actor from a 50? they're designed to be fairly removable arent they?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭wallycool

I have a sanderson teleporter , its not a bad machine but nearly impossible to get parts if it breaks down and parts are very expensive . Think if I ever do change ill go for a jcb teleporter little more dearer in beginning but cheaper in the long run ,it is a popular make and easy to pick parts up in a scrapyard .

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Markmmm

I purchased a 530/70 JCB non turbo two years ago and I'm very happy with it. It took a bit of getting used to at first but after a week or two you will fall in love with it. I use it to fill a diet feeder mostly. 6500hrs on it when I got it €12500 + smelly vat. Beware of the drive shaft knuckles where the steering turn's if you do go for one, as these do wear if not greased and are expensive to replace. Good luck with your hunt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭yellow50HX

taking off the back actor on the 50HX is not that easy have replaced the king post twice so been there. if your taking it off do so on flat concrete as trying to line up the pins is tricky, cos of the weight its not just a case of get it close enough and then banging the pin with a sledge.

the front will lift if there isnt enough balat alright. welded in two pin sleves onto the quich hitch plate for pins for liftign bales works as a bale spike but it does get light without a bale, but very handy when loadign bales in the summer. use an old shear grab (took off the blade and rams) for feeding and transporting the bales and this is big enough to give balast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

ahhh, so it's too light because you've no implement out front.

Clever idea though welding the tine bosses into the quick hitch. pity about the weight problem :(

Advertisement