Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

end of tethering (iphone4)

• 29-12-2011 11:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

does anyone know why the latest upgrade on itunes would cause my phones wifi to stop working

i can no longer connect to my computer via wi fi
    strange it only happened after i updated
    anyone have any idea?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

endasmail wrote: »
    does anyone know why the latest upgrade on itunes would cause my phones wifi to stop working

i can no longer connect to my computer via wi fi
    strange it only happened after i updated
    anyone have any idea?

You've asked two entirely separate questions there! :)

Can you connect to wifi normally? i.e. Surf the web over Wifi?

Is your iPhone on the latest version of iOS?

Will iTunes recognize it by cable connection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

i can go on the web through the phone no bother

it will connect to the computer through the cable ,but wont without it

and it should
    am using the latest iOS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

I'd say the first thing to try is to delete the network from your computer's wireless networks (manage networks, or something like that) and try again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Did you change anything else on the PC? If I'm not mistaken iPhone uses the Bonjour service which is a network protocol, if you install new anti virus or firewall software, it could be preventing it from working.

Alternatively, plug the iPhone is by cable, and double check that "Sync by Wifi" is still ticked (Its on the bottom of the screen where you can view all the info about the phone)

Advertisement