Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling jewelry in Cork city!??

Options
  • 29-12-2011 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello everyone!
    Im moving to Cork city in a couple of months (Woot Woot!!) for a work placement. As its a placement, I wont be earning alot of money, just enough for rent, bills and food really. So I thought I would turn my hobby of jewelry making into a mini money making venture!
    Anyone know of any markets (weekly/monthly) that I can set a stand up and sell my wares!?
    Or perhaps some sole traders interested in purchasing jewelary off a hobbist in their shop?!
    My jewelary insnt fancy, its cheap to make so cheap to buy! I dont know anything about the law in relation to street stalls, I assume you need some sort of license or something?
    Are there any markets designed for people to just show up and sell, without having to worry about licenses?
    Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

There's a few country markets in suburban shopping centres and the satelite towns near Cork, and a few car boot sales as well, check local papers for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

You're right, you need a casual trading licence to sell on the street. The craft market in the Unitarian Church on Princes Street sounds like a good bet for you. I think it runs one Saturday per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

You should start an account on etsy, I know a girl who makes enough to keep herself going in College on that. (Not fees, just food and such)

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

The Pavillion has a bar boot sale each month, I think its around 10 euros for a table, might be worth checking out. They have a facebook page as well and people sometimes share a stall to make it cheaper again.

Advertisement