Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you marry someone for money?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

I am 34 years old.

Maybe you should just relax about the relationship/children issue, probably scares people away. Honest opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

What is your price?

€20 no €50
    Fear Uladh wrote: »
    Thousands. Hence why it's off-putting.

same is true of all relationships, so are you avoiding all human relationships?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

€20 no €50

Ill go 40 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

Maybe you should just relax about the relationship/children issue, probably scares people away. Honest opinion.

I don't say to people straight away when I date them, would you like to have children with me? But I will be 35 in February and I am conscious of my age. I don't want to be too old when I have children. I know what I want in life, and I haven't got another 7 years to find out if someone wants children or not. The problem I find is that most women of my age have already had children, or don't want any. Usually women have had children, or have married by 35. I don't really want to date someone who is divorced or has children from a previous relationship.
    The other factor is that both my parents were killed in a car accident 6 years ago. I am an only child so I don't have any family now.
    I was grieving for 3 years so didn't feel up to having a relationship during that time. I now feel that I want to have a family of my own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

She was lovely in her Nothing Compares To You days, but looking at her now; you could have her. No fight needed.

Troy, she could have had me at husband number 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

You can marry a non EU citizen for money.

I don't say to people straight away when I date them, would you like to have children with me? But I will be 35 in February and I am conscious of my age. I don't want to be too old when I have children. I know what I want in life, and I haven't got another 7 years to find out if someone wants children or not. The problem I find is that most women of my age have already had children, or don't want any. Usually women have had children, or have married by 35. I don't really want to date someone who is divorced or has children from a previous relationship.

Sorry honest opinion again but you could be scaring off potential prey/wives, mammys with this dogged, rigid approach.

44leto wrote: »
    You can marry a non EU citizen for money.

I would prefer to marry an Irish woman for love.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Then why are you asking if they'll do it for money, why not ask for love instead? :confused:

• Advertisement

Sorry honest opinion again but you could be scaring off potential prey/wives, mammys with this dogged, rigid approach.

The other factor is that both my parents were killed in a car accident 6 years ago. I am an only child so I don't have any family now.
    I was grieving for 3 years so didn't feel up to having a relationship during that time. I now feel that I want to have a family of my own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I would happily marry Beyonce for the money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

That's dreadful. Very sorry to hear that. I wish you nothing but happiness from now on

I would prefer to marry an Irish woman for love.

No,, its a scam, they marry, after a time the partner gets the visa, they separate, the EU citizen walks away with as much as 5 grand.

They knuckled down on it a few years ago, but I am sure it still goes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Bullchomper

That's a lot of **** you've had to deal with J. Hope it all works out for you dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Every oul sock finds an oul shoe.
    (old saying in my family)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

I think johnny is right - figure out what you want and go after it while it's still a possibility. We don't have infinite time so you may as well dismiss the unsuitable candidates without wasting too much time.

I'm sick of this you'll-find-someone-when-you-least-expect-it b*!!$hit, how exactly does that work, do you pretend to not be looking in the hope the person appears?

Katgurl wrote: »
    I think johnny is right - figure out what you want and go after it while it's still a possibility. We don't have infinite time so you may as well dismiss the unsuitable candidates without wasting too much time.

I'm sick of this you'll-find-someone-when-you-least-expect-it b*!!$hit, how exactly does that work, do you pretend to not be looking in the hope the person appears?

Try this

Say to yourself "I am now open to a relationship".

I could not agree with you more.
    I have been waiting patiently for the last 3 years for someone to come along, but it hasn't happened for me. I have been out on some dates, but no chemistry though. I feel that at 35 in February, I know what I want and don't want to waste any time dating someone who doesn't know what they want, or doesn't want the same things in life as me. You just get to a stage in life where you know what you are looking for.

Well perhaps for some being unable to compromise leads to them being single. Total self pleasing is selfish is it not? I want this and I want that is hardly the foundation for being a couple. Maybe the person with these preconditions is better off being single.

Try this

It is not that simple.
    I have been open to a relationship for the last 3 years.
    I have been on dates, but not found the right person yet.

• Advertisement

Well perhaps for some being unable to compromise leads to them being single. Total self pleasing is selfish is it not? I want this and I want that is hardly the foundation for being a couple. Maybe the person with these preconditions is better off being single.

You cannot compromise on having children or not in a relationship.
    I am looking for someone that wants to have children.
    That is not selfish, it is normal to want to have children.
    Yes, you are better off being single than living a lie.
    I have wanted children for the last 10 years, but I would rather be single than just date someone and have children for the wrong reasons.

You cannot compromise on having children or not in a relationship.
    I am looking for someone that wants to have children.
    That is not selfish, it is normal to want to have children.
    Yes, you are better off being single than living a lie.
    I have wanted children for the last 10 years, but I would rather be single than just date someone and have children for the wrong reasons.

Look different strokes for different folks I wish you the best in your conquests. That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Try this

ok I see where you're coming from but I don't think the man is saying he's a problem getting into a relationship, he's just clear on what his dealbreakers are and not prepared to compromise on them.

He may not get what he wants but IMO he's right to be trying. If he was in his 20s or his 50s I'd say go with the flow and enjoy things for what they are but as he's certain he wants kids wife etc he doesn't have luxury of time to waste with someone who won't.

I'm not too sure how this is on-topic though or what it has to do with marrying for money. In answer to that - a resounding no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

€20 no €50

Nope just marriage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Its a relationship that leads to marriage I have difficulty finding.
    Fear Uladh wrote: »
    Nope just marriage.

And just when I thought Johnny had them all in the bag.. along strolls the Fear lad and cleans up.

You snooze, you lose Johnny boy :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

if she had billions then yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Not for love nor money. Such intensity is rarely mutual n u don't wanna be the chased.. Nor chaser

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Yeah no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

SAHMOM wrote: »
    sorry but this is going to be a soppy answer :D. I have married the love of my life last March...we are broke and bearly getting by but I couldn't be happier........Now if it was an Indecent Proposal kinda thing??????;)
    It'll end in tears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Pete M. wrote: »
    Would you divorce someone for money?

I would do anything for love
    but I wont do that

• Advertisement
Advertisement