Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone 4 Broken Screen

• 30-12-2011 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hey everyone,

Dropped my Iphone 4 this evening and completely shattered the screen. Phone still works but needs new screen asap. Anyone know anywhere in the city that can fix these or even sell the screen and i can give it a go myself. Seems simple enough from Youtube videos.

Any recommendations would be great. Dont mind the price, just need it fixed tmrw sometime.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

eBay...make sure they have a good rep and that they supply all the parts... and a Video!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

http://www.galwaypcrepair.com/iphone.html

Heard a lot of good things about this guy, not sure if hes available tomorrow though, might be worth ringing him rather than emailing him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

It'll cost you 120 bucks in that place over Great Outdoors. Problem with the 4 is the HD screen is fused to the glass. Think the rear glass is only about a tenner. iPhone 3 was only a 20 euro jobbie to replace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ipod-rescue.com supposed to be good, from reading other threads in this forum.
    Based in Knocknacarra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭darraghking22

galway2011 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Dropped my Iphone 4 this evening and completely shattered the screen. Phone still works but needs new screen asap. Anyone know anywhere in the city that can fix these or even sell the screen and i can give it a go myself. Seems simple enough from Youtube videos.

Any recommendations would be great. Dont mind the price, just need it fixed tmrw sometime.

Thanks

I've had a screen replaced with the above guy Galway pc repair.

Only cost €80 which is way cheaper than anywhere else. Might be worth giving him a call. Or throwing him a text too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 galway2011

Hey guys.

Thanks for all the advice. Was in town today and passed fonez in the corbett court shopping centre and thought id chance it and see if they fixed screens.

They did indeed. For €89 in just over an hour, which was handy.

Very pleased. Seems like a genuine good quality part. The guy seemed to have loads of them to be fixed. Very common problem i think.

Will def be buying a case and a screen protector this week, not going through the heart break of seeing my phone shatter off the ground again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Hey guys.

Thanks for all the advice. Was in town today and passed fonez in the corbett court shopping centre and thought id chance it and see if they fixed screens.

Very pleased. Seems like a genuine good quality part. The guy seemed to have loads of them to be fixed. Very common problem i think.

Will def be buying a case and a screen protector this week, not going through the heart break of seeing my phone shatter off the ground again.

That's a pretty good deal you got.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

I think €60 euro for a screen replacement in a shop in Maynooth on the main street.Forget the name but I can find out .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭Gun Shy

Hey guys.

www.otterbox.com

The defender model, saved my phone many times

Get good deals on eBay

Advertisement