Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me build my system. (possible)

Options
  • 30-12-2011 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

**title typo, Possibly*

I'm attempting my first major build tomorrow and I'm just wondering, If all else fails can someone possible help me? I live in Dublin.

I'm not completely new to tech stuff, but I get really edgy around expensive parts, and I REALLY don't want to mess it up.

So tomorrow when my parts arrive and I'm not up to it, would anyone be kind as to help me build it?

Heres the parts I'm looking at

CPU: i7 2600k @3.4ghz stock /w Coolermaster hyper 212 evo heatsink
    mobo: ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 socket 1155
    RAM: 8gb (4x2) PC3-15000 (1866MHz)
    PSU: OCZ 550w 80+ silver
    GPU: ATI Radeon 5850HD 1gb model
    HDD: 1gb 7200rpm standard (nothing special)
    SSD (boot drive): Corsair Force 3 120GB 2.5" SATA-600
    Case: Xigmatek Midgard /w 3 fans.

I'm willing to drive to you, if that's the case, as long as your not too far away.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

I'm home in Kerry for christmas but I'm back in Dublin on the 3rd. If you haven't gotten round to it by then I'm happy to help out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

If no-one else is around Dublin to help you (unlikely), I should be able to spare some time tomorrow to walk you through it over Skype or something similar. (I live in Maynooth, so I don't really want to trek into Dublin just for the build, sorry.)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 anto543

Serephucus wrote: »
    If no-one else is around Dublin to help you (unlikely), I should be able to spare some time tomorrow to walk you through it over Skype or something similar. (I live in Maynooth, so I don't really want to trek into Dublin just for the build, sorry.)

I live in Clondalkin, so Maynooth isn't too far away if you can still help.
    deconduo wrote: »
    I'm home in Kerry for christmas but I'm back in Dublin on the 3rd. If you haven't gotten round to it by then I'm happy to help out :)

Thanks, I'll let you know if I still need help.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

anto543 wrote: »
    I live in Clondalkin, so Maynooth isn't too far away if you can still help.

Sure. I can't devote the whole day I'm afraid, but I can certainly assemble it for you if need be. I'll be reachable all day tomorrow, so shoot me a PM if you feel like you need a hand. I can't drive unfortunately though, so you'd have to come to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 anto543

Serephucus wrote: »
    Sure. I can't devote the whole day I'm afraid, but I can certainly assemble it for you if need be. I'll be reachable all day tomorrow, so shoot me a PM if you feel like you need a hand. I can't drive unfortunately though, so you'd have to come to me.

Cool, the main help I need is just putting the right connectors into the motherboard, I can do everything from there. the case already has the PSU and the HDD installed inside, so i just need the old motherboard out and everything is ready to put inside.

• Advertisement
Advertisement