Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deusenberg Guitars

Options
  • 30-12-2011 1:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭

Could anyone recommend a good website or shop in Dublin that sells Deusenbergs?

also has anyone any experience with one?

are they of awesome quality?

:)

cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

Dublin Guitar Centre (Wicklow Street) do Duesenbergs. Fantastic guitars, but priced accordingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Elysian

pinksoir wrote: »
    Dublin Guitar Centre (Wicklow Street) do Duesenbergs. Fantastic guitars, but priced accordingly.

I think Music Maker are the only stockists atm.

Anyways, yes, I managed to pick up a 49er for a great price back when the Dublin Guitar Centre stocked them.

At first glance it's a beautiful guitar, but only when you sit down and actually look at it closely do you really appreciate all the finer details that have gone into the design of the guitar, most notably the pickup rings which allow you to adjust not just the height of the pickup but the angle of the pickup. A cool feature I hadn't seen before except on one EBMM model.

Playability is second to none. The frets are plek'd (http://www.plek.com) which allows for low action without any fret buzz and despite it having a glossy neck I dont find it sticky.

Sound wise it's fantastic! The combination of a humbucker with a p90 is awesome.

Only negative I can think of is that it weighs significantly more than any other guitar I own so if you have back problems I'd def try one out before investing in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Made in Korea, assembled in Germany. Makes them seem pretty expensive, if that matters to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭TheFiveLamps

yeah music maker was the only one around when i floated around,Dublin guitar centre no longer stock them.

i've seen the guitar i want in music maker,its 1600 bucks,was wondering if i could shop around and get it slightly cheaper online etc...

but i literally cannot find it anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

I've never found them inspiring, but that's just me. They're kinda not quite Gretsch, not quite Gibson, half man, half biscuit...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭500x

Hi,

The Guitar Centre in Belfast (used to be the Guitar Emporium) has two of them in stock. One has an F-hole and a sort of bigsby vibrato, and the other is a 49er.

I tried the 49er, and it is a really nice instrument. The P90 is very smokey and all around excellent, and the humbucker is as what you'd like and expect from a Les Paul-ish guitar.

I think it was coming in at between £1100 and £1200, without a hardcase. A bit on the pricy side, when you consider the cost of Gibson Les Pauls and high-end ESPs. I don't have a real opinion on US versus non-US built guitars, but I suppose it's something to consider.

Good luck,

Tony

Advertisement