Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband keeps dropping connection

• 30-12-2011 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Anyone else having this problem, its only been an issue since the router
    was changed to a zytel after the old netopia one went haywire.

When it was originaly changed it ran fine, then problems with xbox live,
    kinda half sorted them by increasing the time out times, but still
    cant maintain a constant connection at times.

Problems then started arising with one of the laptops in the house, it
    kept dropping connection every few days, then would be ok for a few weeks
    then dropping again.

Ive had the laptop rebuilt and thought i had the problem sussed but it started
    acting up again.

ive done all the resetting, and im close to firing the whole lot out the window
    and telling eircom to cancel the contract.

Anyone have any ideas if this is a common router based problem or is it
    just shoddy eircom service.

Frank

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

xyzels are crap, can you borrow a Netopia and try it with nothing else plugged in the line...not even a filter.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭sitja

agreed with bob... Keep losing connection with that crap router- in fact tried 3 of d same routers and exact same problem!!! got hold of an old school netopia and boom works to perfection!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭--SmItHy--

type in 192.168.1.254 into the address bar and type the password broadband1 when asked. can you copy and paste what you have under the connection tab. Is the router rebooting or is the dsl dropping out?. If it's dsl then you may have an unstable line for the speed on your package. I had to drop down a mb when I got my stupid Zyxel router. My guess is they generate slightly more feedback than the trusty netopia and if you were just edging the cap for your line the Zyxel just throws it over. No matter what the problem is, i'd try and get my hands on the old netopia router and use that instead.

Advertisement