Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will i get into Coppers or any other over 21s club NYE

Options
  • 30-12-2011 2:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hey all
    Thanks for even looking at this in advance :)

Anyway was just wondering will i get into Copper's on New Years Eve as i'm only 20 but its just going to be myself and my sister who's 24 so would there be a problem when its only me and her ? Are they very strict on being over 21 ? We want to get out of Cork for the night as the best place in Cork is Reardens but they were really strict on St. Stephens night so it ended up being an awful night :( .

If Coppers is a no go are is there anywhere else ye would reccommend for our ages around temple bar as we're staying around there ?

We were thinking about going to Galway but its so exspensive so Dublin seems like the next best option :)

Thanks and sorry for such a long post :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

just you and your sister would be fine id say, a big gang of 20 yr olds no. find a guard beforehand and youll have no bother ;)

I'd recommend you plan a backup, not because of your age but because it's going to be jam packed in town and Coppers is a popular spot. It's been wall to wall people any time I've been there, so a night like New Year's Eve is going to be mental, the queue might be massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Zerroth

It's not the end of the world if you don't get in. There's better places to drink IMO. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

If you are holding hands and smooching in the queue, they'll definitely let you in.

It's full of culchies anyway, so they'll be used to that behaviour. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

We were thinking about going to Galway but its so exspensive
    around temple bar as we're staying around there ?
    Galway is expensive but Templebar is not? :confused:

And if it's accommodation you mean there are loads of cheap B n'B within five minute walk of Eyre Sq on College Rd. You're supposed to haggle with them, you can always knock down their rates

You'll know for next time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 rainraingoaway

Cheers for all the replies there really appreciated :)

@ Mike

It was the price of the hotel that was stopping us but i found a place cheap enough near Eyre Square so now Galway is back on the cards :D

Would you recommend anywhere there to go out in ?

I know i'm some sicker jumping between Galway and Dublin .I'm just hyper out as i'm happy because going somewhere different will be funner than staying in Cork .

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭marketty

I know i'm some sicker jumping between Galway and Dublin .I'm just hyper out as i'm happy because going somewhere different will be funner than staying in Cork .

Cheers :)

Pro tip: don't be 'hyper out' near a niteclub door, you won't get in.
    You're halfway there already though, as you have a vagina. ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

OP if your in the Templebar area and have difficulty getting in anywhere - PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rainraingoaway

@ Marketty

Thanks for the tip i think ;)
    I never act hyper going near the door of a place but once i get inside i go mad lol

@ Maikimo

I won't be able to access boards when i'm actually out if i do end up in Temple bar but thanks for the offer though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

OP if you still haven't made up your mind go to Galway IMO. The last 3 times I've been there I've found the clubs much better than Dublin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement