Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hearing Aid Batteries - where do you get yours?

• 30-12-2011 2:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

At the moment I buy my batteries from Bonovox. The manufacture is "Powerone", and they are the "brown" (p312) ones (the colour coding seems to be the same across the different brands). I get 10 packets in a box (with 6 batteries in each packet) for €25, and it costs €5 for them to post the box to me by registered post. I know, I could go in and collect it, but when I add in petrol cost, car parking cost, etc, €5 isn't much. It also allows me to ring them up, order over the phone, and get them to post it. The batteries usually last a week for me (7 * 15 or 18 hours). I sometimes also buy a packet of filters as well; I think a packet of these filters is also a fiver).

Apologies if this sounds like an ad, but I'm wondering where do you get your hearing aid batteries, and how much are they?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Not sure on the cost of mine yet, as i've only just been fitted with my new hearing aids and i get a 3 year supply of them for free! :D I use the 312s also. They are branded DeafHear. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭vintac34

DeafHear North Frederick St beside Findlaters Church...Cheapest by far for top brand batteries..Last time i got some it was EU2 per pack of 6 (Type 312).RayoVac.

They provide an excellent service for people with hearing problems and well worth a visit or take a look at their web site..DeafHear.ie.....
    Took a few lip reading classes there which i found helpful and cost was nominal!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

My Mom gets hers from Hidden Hearing. She signed up for their battery scheme. Only 1e for a pack of 6 batteries. She didnt buy her aids from them and the scheme is open to all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

jazyguy wrote: »
    My Mom gets hers from Hidden Hearing. She signed up for their battery scheme. Only 1e for a pack of 6 batteries. She didnt buy her aids from them and the scheme is open to all.

I signed up to that but they've not sent me on a follow up email at all :(

Do you live near one of the branches? Just pop in and explain you have signed up and im sure you'll get them. They should have the forms in the branches anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mindlet

I work for Hidden Hearing and if you sign the form and any of the branches they send it in and you will be posted a card and all batteries from then on in are only $1 per pack, let me know if you need further details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,741 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Mod: Mindlet, please keep the sales pitch within reasonable limits and keep it accurate. Are you suggesting that anyone can come into HH with non-HH aids and get batteries for a dollar (?) a pack?

They really are 1 euro a pack from Hidden Hearing, my mom gets them. Here is a link to website.
    http://www.hiddenhearing.ie/contact/hidden-hearing-battery-scheme

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Oh wow, this is super handy, Ive been buying mine in Boots and thought that getting 3 packs for the price of 3 was a good deal, this is so much cheaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭cipro 55

I also get them from HH at 1 euro a pk. Great value.;)

• Advertisement

Anyone else tried Boots batteries? I got some because I was stuck for them and they are pretty poor, they seem as though they are a tiny bit too thin for the aid and don't make proper contact - they go on and off as they are being used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Thanks for the heads up, still got about 8 months worth of batteries left, so not quite stuck yet. But will avoid the boots ones in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

looksee wrote: »
    Anyone else tried Boots batteries? I got some because I was stuck for them and they are pretty poor, they seem as though they are a tiny bit too thin for the aid and don't make proper contact - they go on and off as they are being used.
    I think the Duracell ones are the same; got them in the local pharmacy as I was stuck, but they were fairly useless.

the_syco wrote: »
    I think the Duracell ones are the same; got them in the local pharmacy as I was stuck, but they were fairly useless.

I've used duracell quite a lot and find them fine. I suppose it depends to some extent on the aid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

the_syco wrote: »
    I sometimes also buy a packet of filters as well; I think a packet of these filters is also a fiver).

What are filters? I've been wearing hearing aids for 15 years and never heard of this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭joanmul

What are filters? I've been wearing hearing aids for 15 years and never heard of this!

So, what are they? I never heard of them either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Depending on the aid, they're small white filters that go onto the mic hole, to help prevent wax clogging up your aid, and are easy to change out when they do. Seems they're also called "wax guards", but when the audiologists referred to them, they'd call them "filters".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Anyone seen any other offers on batteries?

If you go on to Hidden Hearing online you can order 5 packets for 15e, postage free. When I did it first the website wouldn't accept my credit card but, on phoning, they accepted it then. Also, it appears, when you are ordering them, that they are 3e a packet but it works out at 1e because they sent 15 packets - that's right - 15! I had seen it before somewhere that they were 1e a packet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Observed that Aldi are clearing batteries, three different sizes, 6 pack for €1.79

• Advertisement

snubbleste wrote: »
    Observed that Aldi are clearing batteries, three different sizes, 6 pack for €1.79

Mine were 1 euro for 6 and I think Aldi's ones would need to be checked for length of use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Deafhear sell hearing aid battery's (6 in a pack) for two euro. Think they are probably the cheapest around

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dublin Hearing

Hi There,

Dublin Hearing Aid Centre, 67 Lower Dorset Street, Dublin 1.
    Regular battery price 99 cent for a pack of 6, that is not a promotion, that is the regular price. No need to sign up for anything, no junk mailing.

And if you regularly have to purchase filters for your hearing aid, there is a wax-guard solution made in Ireland, that fits most hearing aids, and requires no filters to be purchased

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭cobham

I got free batteries for 5 yrs from place I got hearing aid. They will also replace the filter whenever you ask for it to be done. Audiologist suggested every few months. I suppose it depends on individual. She said it was a fiddley job and not to bother doing it myself. She also recommended brushing the hearing aid when removing ... tiny brush in storage box.

Advertisement