Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tracking a mobile

Options
  • 30-12-2011 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭

OK I did search but, can't find anything:

Basically I've been scammed by paypal :mad: The story:
    I sold a blackberry , buyer claimed he had not authorised the transaction, and so paypal reversed etc, etc

so get over the rant:
    How can i track/trace this phone if it is being used ???
    I have the IMEI number, without going to the Garda, is it possible?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

You haven't been scammed by Paypal. Via, perhaps. And you can't track the handset unless you installed, for example, an app with GPS capabilities you can enable remotely. Why wouldn't you want to report it to the Gardai?

EDIT: And you can't have searched very hard, I saw a thread with these /exact/ details, with valid responses, only a couple data ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭whizbang

Ok i,ll be honest i just cannot get the wording right, to do a useful search.
    Guards are still in the pipeline, just cant do it at a time thats good for me. the hint is in this post time!
    can you point me in the direction of the thread? thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Type "paypal" in the search box. Click the first thread. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭whizbang

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Lost / Stolen Mobile phones

If your mobile phone is lost or stolen, contact your mobile phone service provider to immediately to suspend your service and prevent unauthorised calls being made and billed to you. Your service provider will block your SIM card and IMEI number to prevent your phone from being used on all networks (Remember to register your IMEI with your mobile phone company)
    Report the loss or theft to the Gardai, providing identification numbers for your SIM card ) and handset (IMEI). This information may assist the police in the recovery of your mobile phone. It may also be necessary to report this to the Gardai in order for your phone insurance provider to honour your policy
    If your phone has been stolen or if you have any questions about how to protect your phone, you can contact your network operator on the following numbers:

Meteor 1905
    O2 1909
    Vodafone 1907
    3 Ireland 083 333 3333

http://www.askcomreg.ie/mobile/phone_security_and_tips.46.LE.asp#L1046

I dont have a clue how this app works but try it anyway
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-apps-f35/berrysnooper-now-runs-without-gps-find-your-lost-stolen-blackberry-404385/

or try finding something similiar

• Advertisement
Advertisement