Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rabbits

Options
  • 30-12-2011 3:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

there is a serious shortage of rabbits this past year or so around my part of the west country and was wondering if any of you new where there was any rabbits or even farmers with rabbit problems i would gladly take care of it and benefit myself with a tasty dinner afterwards with my catch. i have full insurance and could use whatever meathods the farmers feel most sufficient in order to combat their individual needs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

After a feed of drink, at 2:55 am most people just crave chips :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

sesswhat wrote: »
    After a feed of drink, at 2:55 am most people just crave chips :)

have you not noticed OPs username?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭ferrete

i would rather a rabbit curry to be honest hi rather than the chips. So any ideas on where i could get any

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

ferrete wrote: »
    or even farmers with rabbit problems
    Aye, there are serious problems with some of those rabbits...

redneck_rabbits_funny_animals.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Never though on it before, there used to be a lot of rabbits running around the road up to my home place. Cant remember seeing them this year (or maybe last year), did the bad weather this last two winters wipe them out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Senna wrote: »
    Never though on it before, there used to be a lot of rabbits running around the road up to my home place. Cant remember seeing them this year (or maybe last year), did the bad weather this last two winters wipe them out?

Millions, yes millions of them up around my house (not sure if they are rabbits or hares though tbh). They have been carrying spuds about this last while, never seen that before, they drive my dog mad too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

So they all moved out to manor then, our house mustn't have been good enough for them.:D

Senna wrote: »

i would have hoped not i have heard on all accounts that it was over hunting that wiped them out in my local areas and they have been noticeded doing so

you serious would it be rabbits and do you tink the landowner would grant me permission to take a few

you think the land owner would grant permission for me to catch a few for the pot or would the local gun club give out stink

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

you think the land owner would grant permission for me to catch a few for the pot or would the local gun club give out stink

If your talking about around my area, the gun club (which I'm a member of) won't allow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

If your talking about around my area, the gun club (which I'm a member of) won't allow it.
    You have been warned :D

index_6.jpg

thats fair enough would no1 take you in for a day and if i obtained the landowners permission then i could still do so, but rather not as i would not want to fall out with and gun clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

great i thought mods with ban sticks was bad enough, now they are armed too!?

so no one knows where there are any guys come on lik any ideas????

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

I am puzzled about the disappearance of the rabbits too. I wondered if the mink who escaped last year had anything to do with it? As far as I recall there were hundreds of mink escaped from some farm or other in the county.
    Haven't heard of any sightings though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

think the farm was in ardara, and they were let loose by hippies;) think i saw the council are tendering for someone to go out and trap a few species to cut numbers. mink being one of the ones mentioned.
    they probably are a big cause of the lower numbers

Advertisement