Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"will be playing such an album in full" - the new marketing ploy

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Iron Maiden did that in 2006 in the point. They played all their newest album, but only announced it on the night. I was pissed off. some good songs on the album, but they didnt play The Trooper or run to the hills.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Iron Maiden did that in 2006 in the point. They played all their newest album, but only announced it on the night. I was pissed off. some good songs on the album, but they didnt play The Trooper or run to the hills.

seems pointless to play an entire new album. seems people would prefer to hear older or iconic albums

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

I was at that Iron Maiden gig. Honestly, I thought it was really bad. That album a matter of life and death is definitely one of their poorer ones. lots of really long unmemorable dreary songs.

The only other full album gig I've been to was when Metallica played Master of Puppets in the RDS and it was probably the best gig I've ever been at.

sort of tempted to check out the lemonheads playing it's a shame about ray this april but overall whole album gigs don't interest me a huge amount. A lot of the time it seems to be a last ditch effort by a band that's past their creative best to keep their flagging career going for a few months more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Seen the following albums played in full live...
    Operation Mindcrime - Queensryche,
    Brave - Marillion
    Dark Side of the Moon - Roger Waters
    Low / Heathen David Bowie
    The Wall - Roger Waters
    Oxegene - Jean Michel Jarre
    A Matter of Life and Death - Iron Maiden
    Coming Up - Suede
    Dog Man Star - Suede
    Greendale - Neil Young
    Songs of Faith and Devotion - Depeche Mode
    The Pleasure Principle - Gary Numan