Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reluctant tax drivers

Options
  • 30-12-2011 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭

my friend of mine came to visit me last night and flew into Dublin airport. instead of saying as much as a hello to my friend, who is not from these parts he fussed and grumbled that the fare would be only around 15 euro.

fortunately my friend has been before and unlike the taxi driver, who was a dub, knew where she was going. he had the heat turned up high which is a trick to make the meter work faster and get more money and tried to take the scenic route.

what is the deal with these taxi drivers? they bitch to Joe about how little they a earning and then bitch to the customers about a fare they consider beneath them. they do not refuse the fare, but make sure the customer feels bad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Fuinseog wrote: »
    my friend of mine came to visit me last night and flew into Dublin airport. instead of saying as much as a hello to my friend, who is not from these parts he fussed and grumbled that the fare would be only around 15 euro.

fortunately my friend has been before and unlike the taxi driver, who was a dub, knew where she was going. he had the heat turned up high which is a trick to make the meter work faster and get more money and tried to take the scenic route.

what is the deal with these taxi drivers? they bitch to Joe about how little they a earning and then bitch to the customers about a fare they consider beneath them. they do not refuse the fare, but make sure the customer feels bad.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Commuting & Transport Forum

Fuinseog, your style of posting in this forum is not welcome.

It is pointedly looking to start arguments and basically troll people.

Next time you post in this fashion, I will ban you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement