Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Customer Care Phone number?

Options
  • 30-12-2011 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭

Anyone have the Playstation Customer Care none premium phone number?

I purchased God of War bundle about 18 months ago and it's no longer on my account.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

The only number I know of is 0818 365065 and I'm afraid I don't know if its a premium number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

It's best to email them or contact them through the support site
    http://ie.playstation.com/psn/support/forums/

Also, if you have a twitter account, I would highly recommend tweeting them as they (As have many other companies) proven to go that extra bit to help you through Twitter.

http://twitter.com/#!/PlayStationEU

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭CiaranMcDCFC

When the PSone was launched the care line was based in Dublin and there used to be a local number you could call. Alas they moved it all over to London after a few years. Best job I ever had!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I'll give Twitcher a go until lunch time. Then I'll call. Cheers guys.

Meh, bit the bullet and rang them. They've escalated to head office.

• Advertisement

Awesome... Keep us posted

Never updated this post. Issue was resolved. They got back to me a week or two later with an apology, I think. Actually, I think I had to chase them, but it was 9 months ago and have fuzzy memories. Anyway, they re-activated it on my account and all was well.

The reason I'm back here? It happened again. Now I can't access Journey. It was a day one purchase for me. I mean day one for PS+ which was a week or two before the unwashed masses.

The hoops I have to jump through are unreal. They cannot tell me why this is happening to my account.

Found two more games that are no longer on my account. Uno and Zuma. Another premium rate telephone call.

Got a call back from PSN today. They have "resolved" the issue. They credited my account with the purchase price and requested that I purchase it again. This is not resolving the issue. This is the 4th time this has happened [with different games] and they have no idea why.

I've also requested to be refunded all call charges [so far totaling €15+] because this was a SONY problem, not just me looking for support. It's real money that I'm out of pocket for because of their mess. The agent didn't seem too hopeful. I told him to put on the incident, that if it's not refunded I'll be putting forward legal proceedings.

I tried to explain to him that 0818365065 is, effectively, a premium rate number here.
    He rejected that and said it's a national rate number.
    I countered that by saying that Sony make money on each and every call made to that number.

It costs me €0.35 per minute to ring that number. I do not have a landline.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

RangeR wrote: »
    Got a call back from PSN today. They have "resolved" the issue. They credited my account with the purchase price and requested that I purchase it again. This is not resolving the issue. This is the 4th time this has happened [with different games] and they have no idea why.

I've also requested to be refunded all call charges [so far totaling €15+] because this was a SONY problem, not just me looking for support. It's real money that I'm out of pocket for because of their mess. The agent didn't seem too hopeful. I told him to put on the incident, that if it's not refunded I'll be putting forward legal proceedings.

I tried to explain to him that 0818365065 is, effectively, a premium rate number here.
    He rejected that and said it's a national rate number.
    I countered that by saying that Sony make money on each and every call made to that number.

It costs me €0.35 per minute to ring that number. I do not have a landline.

Not their problem you only have a mobile, mobile to landline cost more.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »

Not their problem you only have a mobile, mobile to landline cost more.
    What an absolutely idiotic post!

When I agreed to Sony's TOS I didn't see any mention of having to have a landline for support!

Tallon wrote: »
    What an absolutely idiotic post!

When I agreed to Sony's TOS I didn't see any mention of having to have a landline for support!

Calling from a mobile cost more, what's so hard to understand about that.

it's almost always listed on any of these numbers regardless of who it is and it's has nothing to do with TOS.

"Calls made from mobile phones may be subject to additional charges"

The charge is that of a national number, the cost is dependant on the your carrier with even 1800 numbers having a chance of being charge dependant on your network.

Calling from a mobile cost more, what's so hard to understand about that.

it's almost always listed on any of these numbers regardless of who it is and it's has nothing to do with TOS.

"Calls made from mobile phones may be subject to additional charges"

The charge is that of a national number, the cost is dependant on the your carrier with even 1800 numbers having a chance of being charge dependant on your network.

All due respect, I don't agree with your opinion. I believe your reasoning is flawed. It's absolutely no problem for Sony to advertise a geographic number. Most telecoms providers include geo number in their minutes.

The ONLY reason to provide a 0818 over ANY other number is the the company receiving calls, to make a profit on every one.

I won't pay Sony for them to fix their own problem on my account.

It's absolutely no problem for Sony to advertise a geographic number.

It's not like Bioware/EA who I've been on to lately who are situated in Galway but don't have an Irish number for support.
    Most telecoms providers include geo number in their minutes.

Which helps bill pay only, anyone on prepay would be getting charge anywhere from 20-35c which does not include all the top up bonuses such a three have with free weekends.

So it could be anywhere from included to free to 35c for a landline call.

Some networks also include 0818 numbers in their minutes, I with Vodafone and have them included and going by the 35c your getting I'm guessing your with O2 who does not include them.

They're charged at a national rate, it's down to the O2( or whoever if not O2) who decided not to include them in your minutes.

If I was calling Sony I'd use the 0818 off my mobile or the UK geo number from my Landline which would be free and not touch my minutes.

It's not like Bioware/EA who I've been on to lately who are situated in Galway but don't have an Irish number for support.

Which helps bill pay only, anyone on prepay would be getting charge anywhere from 20-35c which does not include all the top up bonuses such a three have with free weekends.

So it could be anywhere from included to free to 35c for a landline call.

Some networks also include 0818 numbers in their minutes, I with Vodafone and have them included and going by the 35c your getting I'm guessing your with O2 who does not include them.

They're charged at a national rate, it's down to the O2( or whoever if not O2) who decided not to include them in your minutes.

If I was calling Sony I'd use the 0818 off my mobile or the UK geo number from my Landline which would be free and not touch my minutes.

You are missing the point entirely. Goodbye.

Another two games missing from my store. This time it's two demos but unlocks where given free with recent PS+. They are Limbo and CubixHD. These demos are not in my store but are in my download list.

Got a call from Sony this morning confirming that they found the flaw. They wouldn't say how many users are affected OR give an ETA. I won't be getting a credit for wasted phone calls.

This has given me a sour taste of Playstation. Actually, I don't even play many games any more on it. I doubt I'll be getting a PS4.

Advertisement