Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coal and briquettes

Options
  • 30-12-2011 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,902 ✭✭✭

Any suggestions for a fuel supplier in Galway who has reasonable prices for coal and briquettes?:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

County Galway at 6148 km² is second in size only to County Cork in Ireland.
    As it's so big it's good if you try to pinpoint your location better so it's easier to find suppliers close to you.

If you're close to the city
    Coal
    Briqs

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭bloo

Hi

does anyone know where i can buy coal 'doubles' around moycullen preferably or out towards headford and how much can i expect to pay for a 40kg bag.

cheers
    bloo

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Weylin

mc donaghs, lisbaun estate selling 3 bales briquetts for a tenner:),also the petrol station beside the docks,same deal:).fancy a drive ?,then go out to attymon fuel depot, and they will sell you any amount of loose briquetts,or turf
    by the bagful,bootfull,or any size trailor:D
    also small shop in kiltullagh very good prices.:)
    (these are all top quality bord na mona briquetes)
    keep warm :pac:
    Attymon, Athenry, Co. Galway
    Phone: <mod snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭bloo

Weylin wrote: »
    mc donaghs, lisbaun estate selling 3 bales briquetts for a tenner:),also the petrol station beside the docks,same deal:).fancy a drive ?,then go out to attymon fuel depot, and they will sell you any amount of loose briquetts,or turf
    by the bagful,bootfull,or any size trailor:D
    also small shop in kiltullagh very good prices.:)
    (these are all top quality bord na mona briquetes)
    keep warm :pac:
    Attymon, Athenry, Co. Galway
    Phone: <mod snip>

thanks for that Weylin, could do with stocking up on briquettes as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭leex

Bord na Mona bales of briquettes are on sale 5 for 16euro (= 3.20eur each) in Trading Post near Headford. Cheapest I have seen so far. McDonaghs Ballybane were around 3.25eur a bale last time I checked for BnaM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 stilltocool

bloo wrote: »
    Hi

does anyone know where i can buy coal 'doubles' around moycullen preferably or out towards headford and how much can i expect to pay for a 40kg bag.

cheers
    bloo

Doubles in the co-op Athenry was 12 euro 50 cent for a 40kg. Introduction of the carbon tax coal is now 14 euro 50 cent for a 40kg as checked today. Absolute robbery!! Enda Kenny you gotta go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Passat123

galway coal seems to be cheapest in galway 13.50 per bag of polish 14.50 per bag of smokeless i actually burned both coal with great heat and little ash out of them his name is darren oneill and number is 0877054592 hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

bloo wrote: »
    Hi

cheers
    bloo

There is a place in Bushy Park , where Maddens nurseries used to be that sells coal & briquettes , Martyns Fuels its called , website here http://www.martynsgasandcoalgalway.com/

Advertisement