Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S.A.A - Snow Addicts Anonymous cold turkey thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭chrisjdoran

t|nt|n wrote: »
    What is this snow music you speak of !

Ok I think I should launch a campaign tomake this music piece "The Official" snow music... it's called "Troika", (three horse sleigh ride), nothing to do with Christmas, but is a popular Christmas jingle. I have it at home and in my jeep, always lol

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Just an observation:-

Boards Law - for every model there is an equal and opposite reaction and some more opposite than the other.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Joe Public wrote: »
    for every model there is an equal and opposite reaction and some more opposite than the other.

I can remember when a model was a skinny lassie on a walkway...and weather was for real men :cool:

This winter has had more false starts than the electric car.

• Advertisement

Some in the west may see snow on the night of 1-2 January or even during the day Monday. Once again, it's elevation dependent (150m).

Forgot to say, you were spot on for the 1st and 2nd in north west, same with December :D

more more more!

Woo hoo, sorry to those that got none, but the North west got an inch!!!! :D
    But, it's gone already lol but hey a fix is a fix...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

:(:( still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Got betweem 2 and 3 inches last night and most of it is still here. (gloats :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

it was a pleasant surprise to see the white stuff falling last night. hopefully we'll get at northerly some point during February, so it can stop by for a little longer next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Another 3 foot here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Another 3 foot here. :)

Do you have any pictures of it by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Found a cool little app on iphone yesterday called simply Snow...very basic stuff but you can change the size and pattern of snowflakes falling, shake it to clear the screen and throw a few snowballs. Nothing like the real thing but just thought I'd share for all you snow deprived peeps !!!!

Do you have any pictures of it by any chance?
    As requested
    E10A5A69F14E42D08F39C97BAB7435DA-0000349348-0002718978-00500L-9C876523461E43078AADA72B187B4CA7.jpg

As requested
    E10A5A69F14E42D08F39C97BAB7435DA-0000349348-0002718978-00500L-9C876523461E43078AADA72B187B4CA7.jpg

This is Havana?? :eek:

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

No. It is Ruse, Bulgaria.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Google is getting into the spirit of things...its the anniversary of a very special snowflake!

eskimocat wrote: »
    Google is getting into the spirit of things...its the anniversary of a very special snowflake!

Saw that - a 15-incher; big as a huge pizza!

(And, synchronistically, the same article tells us the lowest temp ever recorded in Cuba is +0.6C)

• Advertisement

Some classic stuff - I especially liked the shot of the reporter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

OK, all you snow addicts. I'm about to take my dog out for an hour or so's walk in a place like this. He loves it, but the attraction of trudging through ankle-deep snow long ago wore off for me. The two cops in the picture don't look too thrilled, either.:):)

img-1288668729506.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

I loved the time lapse in the beginning of the video.

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    The two cops in the picture don't look too thrilled, either.:):)

img-1288668729506.jpeg

What, exactly, are they doing? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Wild Bill wrote: »

It looks like the footpath is closed due to the snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Wild Bill wrote: »
    Cordoning off part of the centre of the town of Varkaus after a stabbing incident yesterday (Friday). The alleged perpetrator initially fired on the police who went to arrest him, so they kept their distance. He later shot himself and was arrested, but died soon afterwards. The stabbing victim is in a stable condition in hospital.

Update and edit: The animal lovers among you will be happy to hear that a police dog wounded in the head during the siege has been operated on and, according to a bulletin, "is doing well under the circumstances and has begun recovering well."

a police dog wounded in the head during the siege has been operated on and, according to a bulletin, "is doing well under the circumstances and has begun recovering well."

Thank God for that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Im predicting........
    a huge amount of........

disappointment!

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

:D Soon we shall get our wish peeps!

There WILL be snow.

There WILL be snow.

There WILL be snow.

There WILL be snow.

Eventually. I finally realised how to make it happen - I stopped snow-dancing (to the relief of my neighbours) and guess what?

It's on the wayyyyyyyyyyy..........................:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Thinking of getting my little children to pray for snow in their night prayers (totally endoctrinated by school, very religious ;)). Little childers, sure God would have to listen so he would.

Advertisement