Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buggered, and not in a hot way...

• 30-12-2011 3:25pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I picked up imame4all during the brief window over Christmas when it became available on itunes.
    This was great news.
    I procured many files to test on this and popped them onto the unJB'd Ipad2 via iexplorer and they all seemed to work flawlessly.
    This was even better news.
    My 40th is approachine and my better half announced, just yesterday, that she went out on a limb and bought me an icade!
    This was some of the greatest news of all time!
    The I went to check out the compatibility of the imame4all and icade by having a gander at the app....
    It was gone!
    No sign on the Ipad2 at all!
    She had deleted it in error the previous day.
    And, of course, the app itself was withdrawn from itunes within a day or so of going up!
    This is very, very bad news...
    I hadn't synced the ipad2 to anything, cloud, itunes, nothing, so it seems I have no way whatsoever of recovering the app.

I went to see if I could JB the ipad but, given my recent run of luck, ios 5.0.1 is, as yet, not supported on an ipad2, so no Cydia way of getting the software onto the ipad2.

Anyone got any ideas?
    Or do I just sit on my hands, waiting for the JB to turn up?
    I am told it's only around the corner, but, well, I hate waiting!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Afaik you can still compile in Xcode and install manually ref
    I'm gonna give it a shot later, I'll let you know how i get on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Afaik you can still compile in Xcode and install manually ref
    I'm gonna give it a shot later, I'll let you know how i get on

That's great, if you could give me a walkthrough I'll do it myself later as well.
    Looks, well, interesting tbh, certainly I'll have to source xcode from somewhere.

Forget that, I've no Mac, arse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    That's great, if you could give me a walkthrough I'll do it myself later as well.
    Looks, well, interesting tbh, certainly I'll have to source xcode from somewhere.

Forget that, I've no Mac, arse!
    nothing's ever simple but
    You could run it on a virtual machine

http://ipodtoucher55.blogspot.com/2010/12/installing-ios-sdk-and-xcode-on-windows.html

I'm going to follow this tutorial

Scratch that, you need a developer account to transfer it to the iPad, sorry, you didn't on older firmwares 3.x.x

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was thinking I may be able to downgrade the firmware back to pre-ios5 days, but I don't believe this device was ever JB'd before, and so no way to access the shsh blobs.

Is there a way to check?

Advertisement