Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scaffold planks for raised bed in Dublin

Options
  • 30-12-2011 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    I'm looking to get some scaffold planks for building raised beds in Dublin. I just need four 8' boards and four 6' boards. There was some ads on adverts a while back but cant find any local now.

Any pointers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Try this place:

http://timbertrove.com/

They deliver in the Dublin region too.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭bikerjohn

TankGuy wrote: »
    Hi Folks,
    I'm looking to get some scaffold planks for building raised beds in Dublin. I just need four 8' boards and four 6' boards. There was some ads on adverts a while back but cant find any local now.

Any pointers?

Chadwicks are selling them for next to nothing 3 Euro each here in bray

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Theres a scaffolding company in Ballymount Ind Estate selling thousands of 8 foot long planks off for 3 euro each.
    2 euro for 4 foot long planks too.

They are just up past Chadwicks Builders providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭TankGuy

paddy147 wrote: »
    Theres a scaffolding company in Ballymount Ind Estate selling thousands of 8 foot long planks off for 3 euro each.
    2 euro for 4 foot long planks too.

They are just up past Chadwicks Builders providers.

Thanks Paddy,

Any idea of the name of the company?

Thanks Paddy,

Any idea of the name of the company?

Cant remember,but you cant miss them.Chadwicks will be on your left side of the road,and if you drive up past them,you wil see a right hand turn.

On that right hand turn/ corner you will see a large yard with huge outdoor pallet racks full of scafold planks and scaffold poles.

Thats the company thats selling them off. (2 foot,4 foot and 8 foot)

Myself and my girlfriend bought a heap of 8 foot scaffold planks last year,from this place.

All were in very good condition,just a quick blast of a power washer is all that was needed.

• Advertisement

Thanks Paddy.

Will definitely check them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

paddy147 wrote: »
    Cant remember,but you cant miss them.Chadwicks will be on your left side of the road,and if you drive up past them,you wil see a right hand turn.

On that right hand turn/ corner you will see a large yard with huge outdoor pallet racks full of scafold planks and scaffold poles.

Thats the company thats selling them off. (2 foot,4 foot and 8 foot)

Myself and my girlfriend bought a heap of 8 foot scaffold planks last year,from this place.

All were in very good condition,just a quick blast of a power washer is all that was needed.

Any pics of what you did with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RADISSON RACER

Try SCAFFHIRE behind Red Cow. Ask for Johnny. I dont have a number at hand. They are selling the real thing.

Thanks for all the replies, I went with Chadwickes in the end as the prices were similar to the other place €3 per 6' board and they done free delivery which was a great as fitting the 8' boards in the punto would have caused some hassle i reckon:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

Thanks for all the replies, I went with Chadwickes in the end as the prices were similar to the other place €3 per 6' board and they done free delivery which was a great as fitting the 8' boards in the punto would have caused some hassle i reckon:-)

Free Delivery? Sure you must have only spent €24 quid (8 planks @ 3 quid each)

Was there a minimum spend? I'd only be getting 4 myself but I'm only down in Knocklyon.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭padraig.od

Wouldn't there be a risk of soil contamination from scaffolding planks if they have been treated?

padraig.od wrote: »
    Wouldn't there be a risk of soil contamination from scaffolding planks if they have been treated?
    They are not treated.

I spent €39, got a few more. I'm not sure if there was a minimum spend for delivery.
    Was a great service i didnt even go to the store, just rang and ordered and they delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 do_shanahan

Hi Tankguy,

Would you mind please posting the name & number of the company that you got the scaffolding boards delivered by?

Many thanks,

Declan

Hi Tankguy,

Would you mind please posting the name & number of the company that you got the scaffolding boards delivered by?

Many thanks,

Declan

Eh....Chadwickes Builders Providers....as he has allready mentioned above.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 do_shanahan

Hi there,

Apologies I misread the post about Chadwicks, thanks for pointing it out.

Declan

Advertisement