Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swansea away - 31/12 15:00

Options
  • 30-12-2011 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Games coming hard and fast these days.
    Another must win to keep pressure on others hunting CL places.

Swansea have a strong home record this year having only been beaten by Utd with 4 wins and 4 draws in their other games. In years gone by this would have been the type of game we fell down in but I am optimistic we will win this.

Team to be the same as Norwich I think. Predict JD to get a good 20/30 mins game time.

Spurs 3 - 1 win

note - they have only conceeded 3 goals in their 9 home games so far.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

The match is live in Tom Mayes k/o3pm Sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I dunno.. they are so hard to beat when they are at home.

True title challenders will beat them (like united), and title also rans will pick up a draw.

I think the outcome of this game will tell us alot about what we can expect from spurs in the 2nd half of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I fully believe that if we play like we did on against Norwich that we'll beat them. In fact, if we play like that again we'll beat anyone.

Lennon obviously isn't fit yet, so I'd go with exactly the same team as earlier in the week.

Wouldn't it be great to win again!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Yeah, we need to play as well and take even more of our chances ... We dont want to be 0-0 at half time against these guys.

With 3 home fixtures on the bouce to come after this one including the game in hand, maximum points from the next 4-5 games are gonna be essential to a title challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

SuprSi wrote: »
    I fully believe that if we play like we did on against Norwich that we'll beat them. In fact, if we play like that again we'll beat anyone.

Lennon obviously isn't fit yet, so I'd go with exactly the same team as earlier in the week.

Wouldn't it be great to win again!?!

You said it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Just hope we don't go into this game with a big head after all that was said by Fergie yesterday. We need to maintain our advantage over our rivals so a win is vital. A point wouldn't be that bad but a loss would be disastrous.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'd take a crappy 1-0 win now. Don't need anything fancy. I hope we do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

think united are the only team to win there this season...i think 2-0 to the spurs

COYS

Slowish start from us, not really clicking so far. Stream here for anyone;

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/100307/1/watch-swansea-city-fc-vs-tottenham-hotspur.html

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Very poor so far. We look like we've played 90 minutes already today. Just too slow and sloppy with everything so far.

• Advertisement

YEEESSS!! Get in there VDV!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Thank God for that we have been rubbish so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Yes, we'll take thateven though we don't deserve it. Nice!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Sounds like we're getting battered on Sky...

Oh, van der Vaart!! 1-0!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

0-1, VDV! Welll done by Benny there.

I don't think we're getting battered. It looks pretty even to me, even though the goal was our first real attempt on target.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Anyone else think Sandro has been great, He made a few impressive interceptions and looks good going forward. We're not getting battered, we're just not on full form and soaking up the pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Only got 1 look but the Bale booking looked ridiculous.

Kold wrote: »
    Only got 1 look but the Bale booking looked ridiculous.

I think it was deserved tbh. He dived, and has made a bit of a habit of it, which I don't like.

Sandro has been great. Parker took a knock - let's hope he's ok for the rest of the game. It's great to be 1 up but we need another now to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

That was a class run by Benny. F*ck the haters.

• Advertisement

Not getting Battered but Swansea certainly playing better than us they are poor finishers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Bale deserved yellow. Thought we looked very leggy first half.sandro doing great, need to get passing going and press them a bit more. Allowing them way too much te on
    Ball. Dyer looks like he could cause probs if given space, impressed with them so far.

Bae good for the goal but we got a
    Bit of luck after that. Need to step it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭larry1

VDV & Parker gone off injured :(

larry1 wrote: »
    VDV & Parker gone off injured :(

Was VDV injured or was it tactical? I know Parker was carrying a knock. Let's hope Jake can fill the gap and keep things ticking over.

They're all over us at the moment, we're hardly making it into their half.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

And that's an understatement !

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭larry1

SuprSi wrote: »
    Was VDV injured or was it tactical? I know Parker was carrying a knock. Let's hope Jake can fill the gap and keep things ticking over.

Sky mentioned hamstring :confused:

**** 1-1

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

fcuk sake!!! it was coming though... 1-1:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

They deserved that to be fair

Advertisement