Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swansea away - 31/12 15:00

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Well that was coming. Can't say they don't deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Given the Utd & Chelsea games it's not a disaster. Swansea are a decent team and I think they'll take points off the other 5 top teams in the second half of the season.

Christ, what a year!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

It's f*cking ridiculous how little we can hold up the ball without Parker on the pitch. Swansea seem an excellent side though. Fantastic on and off the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

2 points dropped today team looks very very tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'm not overly disappointed with the draw, I think we could easily have lost it to be honest. They're a decent team. We gain points on Utd, move another away from Chelsea, but lose ground to Arsenal & Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Not the worst result lads, thought after all the title talk we were going to lose. Hopefully now we can push on, plenty of home games against beatable sides coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Can't argue with them equalising. V tired looking.
    Opportunity missed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Mullo76 wrote: »
    Can't argue with them equalising. V tired looking.
    Opportunity missed though.

Bigtime, thought we looked a bit casual when we got to the last 3rd a couple if times in 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Pity alright, but not he end of the world i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Kold wrote: »
    It's f*cking ridiculous how little we can hold up the ball without Parker on the pitch. Swansea seem an excellent side though. Fantastic on and off the ball.

Livermore is very poor and is just not good enough in fairness.

Not a bad result, point gained on united

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I dunno.. they are so hard to beat when they are at home.

True title challenders will beat them (like united), and title also rans will pick up a draw.

I think the outcome of this game will tell us alot about what we can expect from spurs in the 2nd half of the season.

Well, thats that then. Realistically there no title challenge now but the battle for 2nd or 3rd looks good! roll on 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Well, thats that then. Realistically there no title challenge now but the battle for 2nd or 3rd looks good! roll on 2012
    Agreed, was dissappointed with Friedal for the Swansea goal I have to say, even thought they did deserve it we should have been able to hold out for the 3 points, not too bad a result though considering Man U and Chelsea's results but Arsenal gained 2 on us.
    Should have finished today looking at the points difference between ourselves and Man U but instead ended looking at Arsenal creeping up to 3 points behind us.
    P.S happy new year, I'm not a sad case posting just after 12 just my turn to babysit (I got Stephen's night!).

3rd place for the Spurs this season come on!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

The 3pts were ours until 70mins when Parker pulled up... JD should have been told to sit back down for a minute until we see how to rearrange the midfield instead of throwing on JL and JD effectively changing to flat 4-4-2 and drawing more pressure onto our midfield...

Looking at our bench Kranjcar, Rose, Livermore, Pienaar, Defoe we probably should have replaced Vdv with one of Pienaar or Kranjcar on to support the midfield, keeping to 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1.

2pts lost in my opinion, through a poor tactical decision. Obviously a goalkeeping error cost us too but the goal had been coming and we were lucky to get out with a point in the end.

Should we be worried about how poor we played once Parker went off.

It no coincidence that the team have been transformed since he came into the MF and now that he's (possibly) out for a few games, how are we going to cope without him?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

after having a day to reflect on yesterday's result, I am not too unhappy. There are decent outfit, and it will be a very tough place for her competitors to go to. I think the players will learn from it too.

Eight points from 12 will be a good return on our next four games. I want be losing sleep about Liverpool catching us.

Brad has been fantastic for us so I can forgive him that very uncharacteristic mistake. Looking at the players we have the comeback from injury I think it will give us a huge push when we need it most. We are still in third position and if city.break the deadlock in the next half hour we will have closed the gap!

Two away games on the bounce in quick succession over the Christmas period was always going to be tough. I expect us to take a maximum of points at the Lane in coming games.

G'wan the black cats!!!

Bloody hell. Now I feel even worse about not getting maximum points yesterday. Still - we have (some how) managed to close the gap!

Apart from Arsenal wasn't the worst weekend point gained on the top I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Everything In Its Right Place

damn devastated that we did'nt win yesterday. we could have been one point of the top if we beat Everton. It is amazing how the season has gone for us. I dont think anyone could have imagined spurs would be in this position after the City game in august

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

fcuking super sunderland eh?

win our 3 home games now against mid table teams and we'll be well in the hunt before we get hold of city on Jan 22nd

exciting times.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

It turned out to be a pretty decent weekend for us.

• Advertisement

BERBA wrote: »
    fcuking super sunderland eh?

win our 3 home games now against mid table teams and we'll be well in the hunt before we get hold of city on Jan 22nd

exciting times.

COYS

Just as long as we play like we did against Norwich and not how we played against Swansea ...

Any word on Parkers Injury?

It's ridiculous but I'm still fuming over the two disallowed goals that could have us three points of the top if not less if we had gone on to beat Stoke.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Just as long as we play like we did against Norwich and not how we played against Swansea ...

we a different animal at the lane , fingers crossed we do the business.

As if by magic, all the united fans i know are back on facebook this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

It's ridiculous but I'm still fuming over the two disallowed goals that could have us three points of the top if not less if we had gone on to beat Stoke.... :(

I try not to dwell on it. Sure today's Sunderland goal was offside. That's 2 points city should have. Every dodgy decision needs to be looked at and calculated at the end of the season and if we're overall on the crap end of things then I'd be pissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

We were blessed against QPR, that luck came back to biute us in the asre against Stoke.

And hey a lacklustre draw in Wales actually closed the gap on the top by a point!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

Parker would be a big loss,Modric and him have played alot of games ,at least Sandro can come in with Bale,Lennon(if fit),Modric,adebeyor needs to be a bit more clinical,call back naughton from Norwich to cover Ekotto as he has also played alot of games,the home games we have to win all and get at least a pt against city,Gallas can be a bit of a headlesss chicken playin the man insteadof the ball,Dawso will e a big boost when fully fit

Inquitus wrote: »
    We were blessed against QPR, that luck came back to biute us in the asre against Stoke.

And hey a lacklustre draw in Wales actually closed the gap on the top by a point!
    I wouldn't begrudge Swansea their point at all they played well and scored.

The way I have always seen i though is that we didn't conceed more than one against QPR it's not like you do all the work and then have the result taken away because of a refs mistake.

• Advertisement
Advertisement