Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BDO Lakeside 2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

buster180 wrote: »
    Thought so, it’s strange that she gets no stick for playing in the PDC but Ana does. In saying that it was a great final tonight, if Dita had not made a balls up of the 42 I think she would have gone on to win it.
    The final was better than some of the men’s games I have seen this year. Also £10.000 to the winner and £2.000 to runner up is a joke.
    Id guess all the animosity is about her not defending her title,mabe the BDO took exception to the fact that the defending champion had left them so there would be no womans champ holding the trophy for the promos and of course the sponsors wouldnt have been pleased:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

dartbhoy wrote: »
    Posts on various UK darts forums have claimed that Anastasia Drobmyslova was harassed by a leading BDO official before yesterday evening's semi final against Trina Gulliver who wanted her to remove the unicorn flights off her darts! Seriously this story gets worse,more shameful behaviour from BDO members!

You know what,

That's just petty that is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Tomorrow's semi final schedule;

Hankey v Kist 2 30pm live on BBC 1.

O'Shea v Harms 5 00pm live on ESPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭villabren

Shenanigans going on backstage again. Ted in a dispute over contracts apparently.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

dartbhoy wrote: »
    Posts on various UK darts forums have claimed that Anastasia Drobmyslova was harassed by a leading BDO official before yesterday evening's semi final against Trina Gulliver who wanted her to remove the unicorn flights off her darts! Seriously this story gets worse,more shameful behaviour from BDO members!

That's a disgrace, this story gets worse and worse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Hankey looking a bit petulant in the early going here. Things not going his way and he may just throw his toys out of the pram if it keeps up. Hopefully no gusts of wind threaten to spoil it.

EDIT: Spoke too soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭e21man

So hankey's going to PDC wonder how he will get on

villabren wrote: »
    Shenanigans going on backstage again. Ted in a dispute over contracts apparently.

It's all very Mervyn kingesque isn't it

Come on Ted, come over and swim with the sharks

Yeeeeees, 3-2 to Mr Hankey the Christmas poo

Quality game this. Just when you think somebody is getting a good bit of momentum, the other comes back. Matchplay-style darts at its best. A good old-fashioned slugfest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

That is unbelievable bottle by Kist. Great game this is, super finishing under pressure

• Advertisement

Hankey is throwing it away doing ridiculous stuff like throwing at the single 10 in frustration after throwing two single 1's (when he would've still been on a checkout had he hit T20 with his 3rd). Really hope Kist finishes him off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

Hankey has lost the plot.

Mr Hankey is freaking out, complaining about drafts, and throwing his darts away, he actually gave up, terrible behaviour

I can't wait for his post match interview

Cracker.

I mean, terrible, boring bdo rubbish, I could have won that.

leggo wrote: »
    Hankey looking a bit petulant in the early going here. Things not going his way and he may just throw his toys out of the pram if it keeps up. Hopefully no gusts of wind threaten to spoil it.

He actually complained about a draught...Unreal.

What an absolute meltdown, complimented by absolute class from Kist to capitalise.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

leggo wrote: »
    Hankey is throwing it away doing ridiculous stuff like throwing at the single 10 in frustration after throwing two single 1's (when he would've still been on a checkout had he hit T20 with his 3rd). Really hope Kist finishes him off.
    That was crazy behaviour from Hanky- throwing his toys out of the pram!

Great match- I'm surprised the BBC bothered to show the final leg! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭CricketDude

The bookies would want to be investigating that tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Cracker.

For someone that finds the BDO boring and rubbish you've certainly watched plenty of the matches this year going by your posts after each match! Why exactly are you watching it?

Thought it was quite a cracking game to be honest plenty of high scoring,missed doubles, some top check outs, some good finishing along with bad finishing and a Hankey meltdown! What more can you ask for!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Cracker.
    mr.jingle wrote: »
    For someone that finds the BDO boring and rubbish you've certainly watched plenty of the matches this year going by your posts after each match! Why exactly are you watching it?
    I figured it was just sarcasm- like nobody can say that was a good match without someone else dissing the quality as opposed to the PDC!
    (I could be wrong..) :o

So it looks like Hankey is definitely joining the pros!!!

His BDO contract had a clause where if you make the semi in the lakeside, and then go to the PDC you have to forfeit your lakeside winnings,

Hankey refused to play until they took that clause out of his contract, and Martin Adams just confirmed that the BDO had to concede to Hankey so they could have a semi final

Excellent stuff

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah the BDo really do as much as they possibly can to stop players switching, fair play to Hankey for standing his ground and it certainly looks like he is making the switch now.

On the other hand Hankey simply threw that game away by having a hissy fit on stage! What an absolute meltdown by Ted and supposedly he has going ape**** in players lounge. You have to hand it to Kist, he didn't let it get to him and he took out the match in true professional style.

It really was a great game of darts. Yes the standard wasn't fantastic but who cares when you are watching a slug fest like that. Great comeback from Kist. I still hope Silverback wins it though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

His BDO contract had a clause where if you make the semi in the lakeside, and then go to the PDC you have to forfeit your lakeside winnings,

Hankey refused to play until they took that clause out of his contract, and Martin Adams just confirmed that the BDO had to concede to Hankey so they could have a semi final

Excellent stuff

you couldnt make this **** up ha

hankey to pdc, some turnaround ha

Not being bad, but Harms reminds me of a young Christian Bale (circa American Psycho). I almost don't want him to lose in case he goes on a massive shooting spree.

sc86 wrote: »

Excellent stuff

you couldnt make this **** up ha

hankey to pdc, some turnaround ha

I know its great isn't it

I like Mr Hankey and all, but he'll have to book up on his game if he wants to make a splash in the PDC

But the money to be made with the PDC should act as a "carrot" to push Hankey on

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

Great game,fair play to kist
    if i'd have backed hankey i'd be fairly pissed off right now.
    what a complete child,throwing darts away loosely at the board at any stage is silly but to do it at the end of a world semi is insane.
    I do like hankey but that childish behaviour is sickening

Another great game in the making here, 2-2 at the moment. Have to say that the two new dutch lads, Kist and Harms, have real potential.

Ted claiming they turned on the air conditioning because they wanted him to lose after what happened earlier in the day and his decision to move to the PDC.

I love a good conspiracy theory :)

Hankey has just confirmed it himself that he's going to the PDC

Does anybody know how much money he earned this year with the BDO, is there an order of merit with them?

And any ideas on what will be his first televised tournament with the PDC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

Hankey has just confirmed it himself that he's going to the PDC

Does anybody know how much money he earned this year with the BDO, is there an order of merit with them?

And any ideas on what will be his first televised tournament with the PDC?

I would say the UK Open. He will have to start at the bottom of the Order Of Merit on the PDC tour so it will take a while to make it into the top 32 to get the TV places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Ted claiming they turned on the air conditioning because they wanted him to lose after what happened earlier in the day and his decision to move to the PDC.

I love a good conspiracy theory :)

anything is possible with the bdo
    look at the way they treat anastacia or however you spell her name

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement