Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BDO Lakeside 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭villabren

leggo wrote: »
    Not being bad, but Harms reminds me of a young Christian Bale (circa American Psycho). I almost don't want him to lose in case he goes on a massive shooting spree.

Lenny Boyle on twitter described him as having "his columbine face on"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

wish the BBC didn't have Bobby George as a pundit, never cared too much for him always came across as an east-end creep

allo dahlin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/darts/16562493.stm?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

BBC confirm Hanky joining PDC

The BDO's behaviour this year has been disgraceful
    The treatment of Ana
    The forfeit of money if you move to PDC
    the ESPN commentary is awful

I'm sorry but no standard of darts makes this worth watching. This O'Shea - Harms game is dog rough. Very tough to watch and I love watching darts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

The forfeit of money if you move to PDC
    The money in this WC? Surely they can't do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Kieran81

I'm sorry but no standard of darts makes this worth watching. This O'Shea - Harms game is dog rough. Very tough to watch and I love watching darts

u must be watchin some savage darts if ya think this game is sh1t:confused:

• Advertisement

All semi finalists are required to sign a contract in the BDO. Lord knows why but this years contract state that you forfeit the money if you move to the PDC.

Just shows the BDO still bitter and old school. So silly, the more you tell players they can't, the more they will want to show you the middle finger.

The way they have treated Ana returning was disgusting, delighted she won it, I hope she comes back to the PDC again purely to piss them off. Least the BDO deserve from her. 10k for the winner, 2 sets to win a world championship, the BDO might say they are supporting womens darts but they don't really.

The BDO truly are annoying me now at this stage, they refuse to come into the 21st century, they need someone with a business savvy head to come in and transform the company head to toe or the PDC will continue to embarass them. It's bad enough the players in the BDO end up on TV once in a year and that the money is much less. There is practically no tour involved, you can't play BDO as a career, that's just not a professional entity.

O'Shea showing his age now. Every second set he is poor. Every other sets he looks quality. Kist is literally just consistent 85 average ish.

O'Shea asking for a new board. Probably fair shout

Breeze across stage. Hankey obviously wasn't making it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

More ****ing breezes. Oh Adrian, what have you started...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

All semi finalists are required to sign a contract in the BDO. Lord knows why but this years contract state that you forfeit the money if you move to the PDC.
    That's ridiculous.

Kieran81 wrote: »
    u must be watchin some savage darts if ya think this game is sh1t:confused:

The game is ok because it's close and close games will always have a different kind of interest to them

O'Shea however is all over the place every second set. Struggling to maintain the darts. This is perhaps why he has never moved to the PDC.

Kist is young and may improve, his scoring isn't great but to be fair to him he has finished off the chances he has gotten.

It's distinctly average and could and should be better for a "world" championship semi final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

The amount of bounce outs in BDO games is ridiculous. Bounce outs are far from common in the PDC. The BDO should serious consider using a different type of board because it is unfair on the players particularly in a World championship.

Degag wrote: »
    That's ridiculous.

Yep, Hankey wouldn't agree to it and Martin Adams has stated that they had to agree to remove it from Ted's contract for the semi final to go ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

They could do with hanging up a unicorn eclipse pro as well when they're at it

These bounce outs are literally costing O'shea a place in the final

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

unknown13 wrote: »
    The amount of bounce outs in BDO games is ridiculous. Bounce outs are far from common in the PDC. The BDO should serious consider using a different type of board because it is unfair on the players particularly in a World championship.

The board they are using is winmau's new "top of the range" board, The Blade 4. I have played on it and the bristles are a lot harder than the eclipse pro. To be fair though, most of O' Sheas bounce outs have hit the wire.

Another farce when it comes to air conditioning. This sort of thing shouldn't be happening at a World Championships.

Stupid interview with Wolfie there. No questions on the air conditioning and then asking him "WHY" the darts are bouncing out

God dammit the ESPN is painful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Total conflict of interest with Martin Adams, how can he be head (i think) of the BDO and still remain a player??

Should be one or the other, i can see Adams turning into a bitter and twisted old twat like Ollie Croft

The way they have treated Ana returning was disgusting,

what did they do to her , missed it?

Kieran81 wrote: »
    what did they do to her , missed it?

Harassed her to try get her to not use Unicorn flights in her semi final with Trina Gulliver

then wrote this match report pretty much accusing her of cheating her way to a win
    http://www.bdodarts.com/newsitem.aspx?summary=true&cid=1000&nid=1625
    Anastasia fells giant of darts Gulliver to reach final

Nine times world champion Trina Gulliver crashed out of the championship, whitewashed 2-0 by Russian Anastasia Dobromyslova in just 31 minutes.

In a repeat of the 2008 world final, the Somerset third seed failed for the first time to reach the final as the unseeded East European played mind games to topple the Golden Girl.

Arrogance and self confidence exuded from the Russian but Gulliver let her darts do the talking, as took the opening leg against the throw after Dobromyslova missed 10 doubles.

A maximum steered the Golden Girl to the next, the snarling black-shirted Russian taking the third on double 12 and in the fourth she set the pace, levelling the match on double 12 and turning to salute the crowd, the Somerset player bemused by her opponent’s behaviour.

Dobromyslova, clearly slowing the game and playing the crowd, missed double 18 for a set-winning double 18 and a further three for the same double but it was catching - Gulliver missing bull for 81 to steal the set. The Russian made no mistake on her return to the oche, nailing double 18.

The unseeded player – who beat Gulliver in the 2008 world championship seemed to grow in confidence with her mind games over the tense nine times world champ, who fluffed darts for doubles in the opening leg of the second as the Russian exited on 56.

Gulliver was first to the double in the next leg but missed double five for 95, Dobromyslova missing bull for 121. The Golden Girl missed a further two chances as the underdog clinched her favourite double 12 to move within a leg of victory.

Again in the third, the player from Cheddar requiring 105 saw her form desert her as she hit 92, opening the door for Dobromyslova to move into her second final with a match-winning 50.

Both players failed to hit the 24 per dart average, illustrating the tension which had affected both competitors.

Harassed her to try get her to not use Unicorn flights in her semi final with Trina Gulliver

then wrote this match report pretty much accusing her of cheating her way to a win

glad she won it , i'd be embarassed to call that a neutral match report

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

That's outrageous.

No class whatsoever. Borderline libellous.

• Advertisement

nummnutts wrote: »
    That's outrageous.

No class whatsoever. Borderline libellous.

Agree, if I was her I'd be consulting a lawyer. The BDO love particular players, the rest are lambs to the slaughter if they cross them.

They never forgave Ana for moving to PDC after winning the womens world title. She comes back and wins it instantly. Gets treated like this. disgraceful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

"Snarling black-shirted Russian"

Wtf? It's more cold-war propaganda than a match report.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Another cracking semi final. Well done Tony O'Shea but credit to Wesley Harms,what a sportsman,stopping the game and telling them to change the board because Tony had too many bounce outs,class IMO.

As for the other semi another cracking game. Ted blew his top altogether near the end and it cost him the game. While Ted mightn't be the World's favourite player credit due to him for forcing the BDO to withdraw their clause of a player who reaches the semi final not been able to move to the PDC. What an embarrassing climbdown for the BDO! Well done to Kist though who's had a fairytale week in Lakeside. It should be a cracking final between himself and O'Shea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Lemegeton

you can argue about the difference in standards all day long but you cannot deny they were very entertaining semi finals. Delighted to see Hankey self destruct again.

but yeah the way they treated Ana is disgraceful. didn't she only recently rejoin the BDO after a stint in the PDC. would not be surprised if she went back to the PDC now. i still enjoy the BDO competition but there is no denying the people behind the scenes are pathetic.
    could you ever conceive barry hearn having a go at a player for using winmau gear. not a chance in hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

scudzilla wrote: »
    Total conflict of interest with Martin Adams, how can he be head (i think) of the BDO and still remain a player??

Should be one or the other, i can see Adams turning into a bitter and twisted old twat like Ollie Croft

They have never moved forward and now with Martin Adams at the helm they never will as he doesn't even recognize the PDC Tour. They have now dug there grave and they will forever be behind the PDC in terms of money,coverage and most importantly fans

The coverage is terrible, the presenters are terrible, the darts has been decent and brilliant at times but people nowadays are only interested in averages and stats so the players will never get the recognition they deserve. I've personally enjoyed it this past week of darts and its especially great to see a decent crowd who are darts fans and not TV wannabe football hooligans

mr.jingle wrote: »
    For someone that finds the BDO boring and rubbish you've certainly watched plenty of the matches this year going by your posts after each match! Why exactly are you watching it?

Thought it was quite a cracking game to be honest plenty of high scoring,missed doubles, some top check outs, some good finishing along with bad finishing and a Hankey meltdown! What more can you ask for!

Um. I thought the sarcasm would be obvious.

It was a great game.

I was making a point about the numbers who revel in slamming the BDO in post after post here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

It was a great game.

I was making a point about the numbers who revel in slamming the BDO in post after post here.

I apologise didn't see the 'cracking' part you had on the top line ;)

Oh no biggie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

It was a great game.

Thats the thing. A good few in here are happier ranting on about dart politics rather than enjoying it for what it is, a good game of darts in a nice venue with a proper crowd. It appears some people consider these players to be "twats" and "pricks" just because they play for the BDO. Personally, I couldn't give a fukk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Reckon If I could go to one day of darts I'd pick the PDC quarter finals day with all 4 matches on.

But If I could go to one week of darts it would be Lakeside Week. It just looks more fun.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement