Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BDO Lakeside 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Martin Adams pissed getting interviewed on ESPN :)

I was just about to ask whether it was just me.

He definitely seems well oiled. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Ha ha ya he defo after a few:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

anyone else thing the Board is mic-ed up horribly bad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Kieran81

i hope the commentators are being well paid coz the boys on stage not givin them much get excited about and they workin hard to keep viewers drawn in, how many legs have gone to x1 , poor stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Washout wrote: »
    was watching this and couldnt believe they could make such a gaff. but the dart player himself should have known what he was on and corrected the ref no?

The standard of darts was bad though.
    also no production value put in by the BBC.

interesting to see how it will be on ESPN later.

green V fitton standard pretty good at the moment
    Roosenbrand should have known what he was on ,showed he wasn't concentrating fully. BBC went OTT I thought about Adams 132 finish but I'd suppose there wasn't too many highlights from the 1st day's play to talk about!

Good win for Green but again far too many missed doubles by both players. Gary Robson in trouble here,2 sets to 0 down. Ridiculous that no breaks when game is screened on BBC yet there's a break after 2 sets on ESPN!

• Advertisement

Douglas beats Robson 3-0. A shock result IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

BDO standard is brutal , not worth watching. Wolfie would be an average pdc player at best.

First day results and averages;

Meulenkamp (82.98) 0-3 Stone (88.68)

Adams (90.12) 3-0 Mitchell (79.47)

O'Shea (88.80) 3-0 Steve West (75.63)

Montgomery (87.99) 3-1 Roosenbrand (80.10)

Green (87.42) 3-1 Fitton (81.60)

Douglas (83.76) 3-0 Robson (75.33)

Ladies Quarter Final results and averages;

Lorraine Farlam (67.35) 2-1 Karen Lawman (67.35)

Deta Hedman (72.60) 2-1 Rhian Edwards (73.71)

For a first round while the averages aren't sky high still anything in the high 80's and low 90's isn't bad. The amount of missed doubles in games definitely brought down the averages,every game suffered from double trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

i know we all keep saying "lets not make this a BDO/PDC debate", but when you look at the shockingly poor standard of darts on show in a "World Championship" you cant help but compare.

i actually read earlier a site showing the averages for every final match since the Lakeside began back in the late 70's.

the two highest ever averages where 97.47 and 97.59, and guess who they where from???

yep, Phil Taylor, and that was 20 and 22 years ago. So its actually safe to say the Phil Taylor of 20 years ago would still wipe the floor with these mugs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭Wimbago

Still shocks me how much improvement Gary Anderson made given how terribly he performed at the Lakeside.

Adams being the best at just over 90 is a poor showing really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I watched the two games on ESPN, I am not a big fan of the BDO and never have been. However, there was great scoring but what let the games down massively was the terrible finishing by the players.

I also did not like Tony Green's interview after his match. Those comments were out of order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

BERBA wrote: »
    BDO standard is brutal , not worth watching. Wolfie would be an average pdc player at best.

I think that is highlighted by the fact that he's only won the BDO WC since the good players went to the PDC.

The first days play today was of a really poor standard. Here's hoping it picks up.

unknown13 wrote: »
    I watched the two games on ESPN, I am not a big fan of the BDO and never have been. However, there was great scoring but what let the games down massively was the terrible finishing by the players.

I also did not like Tony Green's interview after his match. Those comments were out of order.

what did Tony Green say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

what did Tony Green say?

He would prefer to face Wesley Harms so he can beat him and shut his mouth.

unknown13 wrote: »
    He would prefer to face Wesley Harms so he can beat him and shut his mouth.

Robbie Green, tony is the commentator :D:D:D

yeah i heard that.

another thing that he said actually was that he's not a great man for practising. No wonder he misses all them doubles.

Looking at the highlights on BBC now Robbie Green's scoring was outstanding but the poor doubling affected his average big time. Green v possibly Phillips in the 2nd round would have the makings of a close game.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭villabren

Chris Mason is going insane on twitter saying a match should be investigated. Says he heard this afternoon that something fishy was going on but he'd put a bet on it a week ago. says it cost him 11 grand. Having a right go at Martin Adams too

villabren wrote: »
    Chris Mason is going insane on twitter saying a match should be investigated. Says he heard this afternoon that something fishy was going on but he'd put a bet on it a week ago. says it cost him 11 grand. Having a right go at Martin Adams too

any idea which game Bren?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Looked to me like EVERY player today was trying to throw their game!!

mackeire wrote: »
    Looked to me like EVERY player today was trying to throw their game!!

i couldnt disgaree,

maybe the high scores for show and doubles for "DOUGH" took on a different meaning tonight :cool:

i just read Masons Twitter there. He has a high opinion for Adams' doesnt he :D

id bet about 11 grand thats hes talking about the Fitton vs Green match. And i have to say, it would not surprise me in the slightest.

sure think how it easy it is to fix a game of darts. and particularly for these BDO lads, its not like they're making the money like the PDC fellas are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

nummnutts wrote: »
    I think that is highlighted by the fact that he's only won the BDO WC since the good players went to the PDC.

Current PDC players who were in the BDO when Adams won the World Championships.

Simon Whitlock.
    Co Stompe.
    Jelle Klassen.
    Michael Van Gerwen.
    Gary Anderson.
    Mark Webster.
    Mervyn King.
    Vincent Van Der Voort.
    Dave Chisnall.

Its a completely retarded debate though, and spoils the BDO thread every year.

Not sure. Asked a few people on twitter and nobody wants to be the first to say it. Stars of Darts forum has mentioned the Fitton/Green game and the Robson/Douglas one. Somebody on twitter said it's blindingly obvious but as has been said, a few of the games could come under suspicion, some of the doubles were so bad

Just reading back on that forum and mace apparently denied it was Fitton/Green.

I remember a similar rumour floating around Citywest about 7/8 years ago about a game btw Manley and Paul Williams. Never heard any more about it though

Current PDC players who were in the BDO when Adams won the World Championships.

Simon Whitlock.
    Co Stompe.
    Jelle Klassen.
    Michael Van Gerwen.
    Gary Anderson.
    Mark Webster.
    Mervyn King.
    Vincent Van Der Voort.
    Dave Chisnall.

Its a completely retarded debate though, and spoils the BDO thread every year.

in your opinion, how many of those players wouldnt beat Adams?

id say only Van der Voort, Stompe and Klassen couldnt beat Adams. The rest wouldnt even break a sweat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Adams is well capable of playing better.

Last year he averaged 95 twice and 97.

The standard will improve a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

id say only Van der Voort, Stompe and Klassen couldnt beat Adams. The rest wouldnt even break a sweat

All the players I named bar Chisnail were at Lakeside in 2007 and Adams won it. So he'd at least make them 'break a sweat'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Rubbish. If Adams went to the PDC he'd be a top 10 player IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

villabren wrote: »
    Just reading back on that forum and mace apparently denied it was Fitton/Green.

by the looks of it it is the Douglas/Robson game cause he was saying about it being 3-0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

i think wolfie would be competitive if he joined the pdc and would be more than capable of giving the best a run for his money. i think wolfie will be hard to beat again, alot with depend on whether winstanley or waites produce their best form this week

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement