Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BDO Lakeside 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

TheBigEvil wrote: »
    Well corrected Keithiws, I've noticed the BBC over the last couple of years only quoting a 3 dart average over the first 9 darts thrown, and not all darts thrown in a leg, distorts the averages dramatically.

A 3 dart average of 88.88 will struggle, unless he can get it to the mid to high 90s

Exactly, especially against waites. ted will need to up his averages. waites does not have a great record , a bit like gary anderson used to have at the lakeside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I went for a shower after Mr Hankeys' game

Go on, what was his first dart?

Every first dart was going into the 5, 1 or way too high in the 20s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Every first dart was going into the 5, 1 or way too high in the 20s.

you gotta love the BDO.

its like an over-grown sh*t local beamed live into your sitting room

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭Chloroplast

the entry music for all the dutch players is always the worst most cheesy hardcore trance you could possibly find on the planet,

the entry music for all the dutch players is always the worst most cheesy hardcore trance you could possibly find on the planet,

It's probably #1 in the dutch charts for all we know, you know the dutch

• Advertisement

Most of the dutch players look like Scooter so ye can't be surprised.

Great game this, your man Norris is throwing 180's to beat the band

The dutch youngfella has a horrible action doesn't he?

Is it me or do most of these new dutch lads have funny throwing styles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭Chloroplast

poor van der PAS, gave the other fella a run for his money that's for sure,but clearly blew too many opportunity there, great game that was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I see Scott Waites is playing Ted Hankey in the next round. That should be a cracker, hopefully.

Jaysus, Winstanley is playing a hollywood star.

joseph-gordon-levitt-wi09.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Winstanley making hard work of this game. After the first 5 legs I thought it was going to be a routine victory for him but since then he's missing doubles galore and now Ten Berge has pulled back a set. Still Winstanley seems to have the advantage here in the 4th set.

What did Winstanley do that was so sporting? Missed a few seconds, when looked back the commentators were giving him great praise as was ten Berge

Winstanley wins in the end 3-1 but had a nervy last few sets. His doubling was atrocious and he'll have to improve this part of his game if he wants to be champion. He should get over Norris in the next round but a possible meeting against Kist in the quarter finals will be a tough affair and he'll have to be on top of his game to beat this very impressive newcomer if they do as expected meet.

What did Winstanley do that was so sporting? Missed a few seconds, when looked back the commentators were giving him great praise as was ten Berge
    The ref had given him a higher score than he actually got and he pointed it out to the ref that he had only scored 40. A good gesture by Winstanley.

dartbhoy wrote: »
    The ref had given him a higher score than he actually got and he pointed it out to the ref that he had only scored 40. A good gesture by Winstanley.

very good sportmanship by Winstanley, a true gent!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 keithiws

TheBigEvil wrote: »
    Well corrected Keithiws, I've noticed the BBC over the last couple of years only quoting a 3 dart average over the first 9 darts thrown, and not all darts thrown in a leg, distorts the averages dramatically.

A 3 dart average of 88.88 will struggle, unless he can get it to the mid to high 90s

Well the bbc do both but at times the focus on the first 9 witch I can understand as most pros should be using the next three to set up a finish.

Ted did have an average of 91.5 over the three sets he won and the final set was 100.2, I think he just wanted aslong as possible on the stage at lakeside. However looking forward to him and waites will be better than last year.

sorry to go slightly off topic lads.

but i just heard Dean Winstanley talking about his debut at the lakeside last year. I said to the missus, "how can a guy of his age only make his debut last year

anyhow, i googled him, he's only 30 :eek::eek::eek:

im 30, and i swear he could pass for my father. if he's 30 now id hate to see him when he's 40

thats right chris, deano doesn't look 30!! , it even says on his wiki page that he is the oldest looking 30 yr old. Harms has just beaten kong 4-1 and wolfie is on next. i think it could be a wolfie and silverback qf but we'll have to just to wait and see

thats right chris, deano doesn't look 30!! , it even says on his wiki page that he is the oldest looking 30 yr old. Harms has just beaten kong 4-1 and wolfie is on next. i think it could be a wolfie and silverback qf but we'll have to just to wait and see

i put a tenner on each way for Stone to win the whole thing. So im hoping he beats Wolfie :cool:

i put a tenner on each way for Stone to win the whole thing. So im hoping he beats Wolfie :cool:

wolfie now 2-0 up but things are never straight forward when wolfie is playing. he nearly always tries to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory :)

• Advertisement

wolfie now 2-0 up but things are never straight forward when wolfie is playing. he nearly always tries to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory :)

I think that check out from Adams to make it 3 nil has broken the jocks spirit, his head is hanging now.

That's my tenner gone to waste

I don't like Adams. He's a fine player, but it's like he casts a shadow across the BDO for me. As for those wolf howls...

Oh and his kids are Lauren, Darren and Warren. I mean come on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

If he gets any closer to Ray stubs they will be kissing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Oh Jeeze,i bet Montgomery's wife and kids were hiding behind the sofa with that walk on:(

Do winmau use a tougher bristle than unicorn?

There seems to be an awful lot of bounce outs in the tournament so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

but i just heard Dean Winstanley talking about his debut at the lakeside last year. I said to the missus, "how can a guy of his age only make his debut last year

im 30, and i swear he could pass for my father. if he's 30 now id hate to see him when he's 40
    Ah good old Deano.
    Makes me feel good about my age whenever I see him :)

I hope O'Shea wins this game. I'm not a fan of Montgomery and if he did win tonight he'd freeze up on stage against Adams IMO. O'Shea v Adams would be a much better game and 1 which would be hard to call a winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

cant remember if it was last year or the year before,but the amount of bounce outs was incredible,they even had a discussion with the manufacturer during the tournament......... havent been watching the games too closely this year to say its anything like that year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭Wimbago

5 kids would put a few years on, but not that many, could easy pass for 45+ and thats been generous

• Advertisement

cant remember if it was last year or the year before,but the amount of bounce outs was incredible,they even had a discussion with the manufacturer during the tournament......... havent been watching the games too closely this year to say its anything like that year

I don't think its "shockingly bad", but definitely a lot more than unicorn boards

I understand some players get a lot of bounce outs, but O'shea has had 2 so far and he throws the dart very hard

Back in topic, O'shea is playing quite well here tonight. I hope he whitewashes this jock

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement