Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BDO Lakeside 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

2 bounce outs in that deciding leg of the set for O'shea. Probably lost him the leg and an early finish to the match as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Montgomery looks like a deranged Steve Carell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

O'sheas' finishing was excellent tonight, if he plays like that against Adams he'll hammer him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

O'sheas' finishing was excellent tonight, if he plays like that against Adams he'll hammer him
    A repeat of that performance tonight by O'Shea will be too much for Adams IMO. O'Shea is a player who I've always admired and I'd be more than happy If he wins the Lakeside title in the twilight of his career.

Waites v Hankey and Winstanley v Norris should be 2 good games tomorrow night. Both Waites and Hankey will be looking for improvements from their 1st round games. Hard to call and while Waites will probably be favourite I have a feeling Hankey might sneak this.

Norris was brilliant in the scoring department with 8 180's but won't be happy with his finishing from his 1st round game. Likewise Winstanley will be concerned with his poor finishing from his 1st round game. I reckon Winstanley will get through though once his finishing improves!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

dartbhoy wrote: »
    Waites v Hankey and Winstanley v Norris should be 2 good games tomorrow night. Both Waites and Hankey will be looking for improvements from their 1st round games. Hard to call and while Waites will probably be favourite I have a feeling Hankey might sneak this.

Norris was brilliant in the scoring department with 8 180's but won't be happy with his finishing from his 1st round game. Likewise Winstanley will be concerned with his poor finishing from his 1st round game. I reckon Winstanley will get through though once his finishing improves!

waites and hankey should be a great game. norris looks impressive so far. i expect deano to improve from his first round game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

I have a sneaky feeling Ted is going to pip Waites tonight. Of the 2 Waites is usually consistantly at the one level per tournie where as Ted is capable of great and or terrible things. Waites is not at his best and I can see a 91 or so average from him. If Hankey brings his game he'll win well.

Winstanley will beat Norris but it will be really tight.

Harms and O'Shea look the 2 to beat so far, Harms had 3 great sets against Kong (who went to pieces) and looked capable of better.

padr81 wrote: »
    I have a sneaky feeling Ted is going to pip Waites tonight. Of the 2 Waites is usually consistantly at the one level per tournie where as Ted is capable of great and or terrible things. Waites is not at his best and I can see a 91 or so average from him. If Hankey brings his game he'll win well.

I appreciate that it's all about the seeding and rankings...but it just seems too early for these two to be meeting each other...

The Count has got his teeth into this.

Mu ha ha ha ha...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

How poor is this. I. Unreal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

Washout wrote: »

this is ment to be 2 of the best in the bdo:rolleyes:

It's as disappointing as the PDC final.

Though at least it's close.

Terrible finishing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

1 good game so far in this whole tournament

its like some1 finally turned on the PRO switch in them 2.

sc86 wrote: »
    1 good game so far in this whole tournament

Fair play to you for hating it yet watching every game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Standard does seem worse than I remember this year.

If someone could step up with solid 95 averages they would walk it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 stevie390

Kist looks like a fish when he throws

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Did Hankey win i'm watching the Carling Cup

stevie390 wrote: »
    Kist looks like a fish when he throws

i was thinking exactly the same thing :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

It's miserable standard, saw some of it today and it was worse than a pdc qualifier. Saw stats for tournament overall and its pretty embarrassing stuff so far for the BDO.

• Advertisement

Stevecw wrote: »
    It's miserable standard...

:D

I'll say it again. A few posters here should enter it and make some easy money.

I'm not saying it's good, I've seen better tournaments. I've seen plenty of bad World Cups, Olympics, Champions Leagues, US Masters, Superbowls etc. too.

Anyway, good game on now.

While I expected a close game between Hankey and Waites I didn't expect a poor quality game like that. The game was littered by missed doubles and inconsistent scoring and both players can throw much much better than that muck they produced tonight!

Still Hankey is into the quarters now and he'll be confident but equally so will his opponent Martin Atkins who knows he'll be in with a shout of winning if Hankey plays as poor as he did tonight. Good game here between De Vos and Kist,evenly poised at 2 sets each.

:D

I'll say it again. A few posters here should enter it and make some easy money.

I'm not saying it's good, I've seen better tournaments. I've seen plenty of bad World Cups, Olympics, Champions Leagues, US Masters, Superbowls etc. too.

Anyway, good game on now.
    There has been games in the PDC just as poor as tonight's Waites v Hankey game. Most darts fans were expecting a cracker of a game and while it was close and exciting unfortunately both players didn't produce their A game up there. Still this game on now is a cracker.

who else thinks Hankey has the best action in the game...its so silky smooth.

Christian Kist beat Geert De Vos 4-2 in a high quality game. Kist very impressive again and this lad could go all the way. A cracking start by Winstanley winning the 1st set without conceding a leg. Averages from the Hankey v Waites game; Hankey 85.14 Waites 86.73.

Kist followed up his 97 1st round average with a 96 in the 2nd round.

If he keeps up that form he wins.

Hankey averaged 85, Waites should be ashamed of himself to lose to a guy averaging that in a World Championship.

Barney but Hankey is certainly second.

Yeah. He's all snarls and tattoos and hardcore techno and brylcreem and then he has this pretty throwing action...

Vital double 6 there from Winstanley to win the 4th set. He's much improved on the doubles tonight but after a whirlwind start in the first 2 sets he's scoring has been a bit inconsistent since. Hopefully Dean will see it out now. Seems to be a few unruly fans in the crowd tonight according to Norris but compared to a PDC crowd their like a crowd at mass!

• Advertisement

It's been said before, everyone is fascinated by it...but it's worth saying again...

Winstanley is only 30!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement