Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Tesco champagne for NYE??

Options
  • 30-12-2011 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

Wondering can someone help.

Not doing anything for new years eve here, but a friend of mine is working late and I asked him over for a drink when he's finished up after midnight, but just heard on Newstalk that Tesco has a load of good champagne's for around €7 to €12 a bottle but they didnt mention any names or which ones are good.

Can anyone recommend one to me please?

Both of us are not champagne drinkers at all, just want something bubbly to mark the night really as whiskey will be on the cards after :D

Thanks for any help!!!!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Wondering can someone help.

Not doing anything for new years eve here, but a friend of mine is working late and I asked him over for a drink when he's finished up after midnight, but just heard on Newstalk that Tesco has a load of good champagne's for around €7 to €12 a bottle but they didnt mention any names or which ones are good.

Can anyone recommend one to me please?

Both of us are not champagne drinkers at all, just want something bubbly to mark the night really as whiskey will be on the cards after :D

Thanks for any help!!!!!

Their Premier Cru Champagne for 22 euro is absolutely delicious, doubt if what they're selling for 7 - 12 is Champagne, more likely to be Proscecco or sparkling wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Ah yes, maybe he ment a sparkling wine instead.
    Any recommendations on sparkling wine for the late bash?

Proscecco, I know that name, but never had it :o

Ah yes, maybe he ment a sparkling wine instead.
    Any recommendations on sparkling wine for the late bash?

Proscecco, I know that name, but never had it :o

No, can't recall any I really liked.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

I got a bottle of the Lidl Champagne for c€16 tonight - supposed to have done better than Moet and Veuve in a blind test.

http://www.bizstartup.ie/news/item/18545-lidl-champagne-beats-top-br

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    I got a bottle of the Lidl Champagne for c€16 tonight - supposed to have done better than Moet and Veuve in a blind test.

http://www.bizstartup.ie/news/item/18545-lidl-champagne-beats-top-br

It is v nice alright.

• Advertisement
Advertisement