Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sansa clip +

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I love my sansa clip+, but I've had mine about 18 months and it seems now it doesn't hold a full charge.
    It will charge up to 100% and that used to last a few days of use, say 4 days. Now it lasts 2 days (of my normal usage).

Is there a known issue with battery stamina?

batteries degrade over time. you could look online on how to replace battery but it would be very fiddly to do.

If I get a replacement would another Clip+ be the best, or a Clip Zip?

eyerer wrote: »
    If I get a replacement would another Clip+ be the best, or a Clip Zip?

might as well get a zip clip. colour screen and better button layout. album art to but not amazing on such a small screen...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I bought another clip+ today to use as back-up :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

glasso wrote: »
    might as well get a zip clip. colour screen and better button layout. album art to but not amazing on such a small screen...

Can you use Rockbox on the new models? Adds loads of functionality

steve_r wrote: »
    Can you use Rockbox on the new models? Adds loads of functionality

Yes, it's here
    http://www.rockbox.org/download/byhand.cgi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I picked up a Zip in the amazon sale. The radio is much better on it, than either of the clips we have.

I like the buttons better too.

Got another one of these off ebay and it seems to be bricked already.
    Are there any tricks to bring it back to life, other than the 20sec power button and centre button while connecting to usb?
    I've tried these endlessly with no success.
    Apparently the hard reset button on the back is the microphone lol.

frustrating for sure.

• Advertisement

Got another one of these off ebay and it seems to be bricked already.
    Are there any tricks to bring it back to life, other than the 20sec power button and centre button while connecting to usb?
    I've tried these endlessly with no success.
    Apparently the hard reset button on the back is the microphone lol.

frustrating for sure.

refurbished model? only a few quid more for a new one on amazon.co.uk - not worth the risk really imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

The price of brand MicroSD cards seems to be dipping of late. The likes of SanDisk Ultra 32GB and 64GB, in particular.

£36.98 - Sandisk Ultra 64GB Class 10 Micro SD Card with SD Adapter

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0084DWD4Q/

I know the speed is overkill for the Sansa Clip+ and Clip Zip, but I'm sorely tempted to grab a 64GB card, comes out just short of €45.

Temptation, temptation..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Amalgam wrote: »
    The price of brand MicroSD cards seems to be dipping of late. The likes of SanDisk Ultra 32GB and 64GB, in particular.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0084DWD4Q/

I know the speed is overkill for the Sansa Clip+ and Clip Zip, but I'm sorely tempted to grab a 64GB card, comes out just short of €45.

Temptation, temptation..

Might get one for my phone looking to stick it in a Clip or Zip in the future once the current mp3 craps out.

According to Sansa the Clips only support up to 32gb, and class 4 speed iirc. They're about £15 on amazon or ebay, not much cheaper than the class 10, mind

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

They support higher, the one mentioned above works.

and they can use the full 64gb?

• Advertisement

and they can use the full 64gb?

The Sansa firmware and alternative Rockbox firmware will support that 64GB card. You will only have the space left on the card, after formatting. Typically Fat32, so, you'll lose a few GB..

Worth pointing out that the card size might not be the main problem, but rather, a file count limit.

I just use .flac and .cue files, so, I'll never have that problem, but someone that mainly carries around low bitrate lossy formats might..

Sansa: File limit: 8000

Rockbox: File limit: 10,000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

They support higher, the one mentioned above works.
    The Sansa firmware and alternative Rockbox firmware will support that 64GB card. You will only have the space left on the card, after formatting. Typically Fat32, so, you'll lose a few GB..

Worth pointing out that the card size might not be the main problem, but rather, a file count limit.

I just use .flac and .cue files, so, I'll never have that problem, but someone that mainly carries around low bitrate lossy formats might..

Sansa: File limit: 8000

Rockbox: File limit: 10,000

Good info lads, I'm Rockbox'd but didnt know that cheers ;)

..another few months and down under £27 Sterling for the Transcend 64GB, which is typically faster than the same rated SanDisk, according to ATTO benchmark tests by fellow purchasers.

Transcend 64GB Premium microSDXC Class 10 UHS-I Memory Card with microSD Adapter

Amazon.co.uk: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00C18I3FS/

Delivers from and sold by Amazon

Price: £26.96 & FREE Delivery in the UK

Transcend64_GB.jpg

---

I've picked one up, finally, for my Sansa Clip Zip.

Transcend 64GB Premium microSDXC Class 10 UHS-I Memory Card with microSD Adapter

I've picked one up, finally, for my Sansa Clip Zip.

Just to add that I received this from Amazon. The card arrived formatted as 'exFat' and I just could not get any of the more popular Fat Format utilities to work.

I stumbled across Ridgecrop Consultants Ltd.'s website. They host a handy assortment of quirky software.

One of their applications is:

fat32format: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/fat32format.htm

The above has no GUI, which isn't an issue if you're in your element with that..

The application has been revised and tweaked, with the addition of a GUI.

guiformat: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/guiformat.htm

WARNING: Worth mentioning, below: in red..
    The software DOES NOT filter out system drives, all drive letters are made available to format, please take note of this and make sure that you select the correct drive letter when using the software to format a memory card.

Just a heads up. The software worked a treat, a 59GB Fat32 card for my Sansa Clip+.

Advertisement