Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow cooker Leg of Lamb

Options
  • 30-12-2011 5:58pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭

Had a look on the other thread here. Couldn't find a nice one. Loads must have gotten a new toy for Christmas, and have used it by now. I wanna do a slow cooked leg of lamb for diner tomorrow. Cooked for 8 hours. Aside from garlic, onions, rosemary, and thyme. What else do I need? How much red wine and stock? Will roast potatoes and carrots.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Excellant. Gonna try this one!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭beertons

My god, that was the nicest lamb i've ever tasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

doing a lamb tagine tomorrow - sorry now I didn't do the leg! One to try for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Esox Lucias

Ive been getting a shoulder of lamb recently and doing it in the slow cooker, the taste is amazing, quite abit more fat, but the juice creates an awesome gravy. Plus i like how i cant really over do it. Pop it in, leave it till you remember, done.

I've done all lumps of roasting meat in there, chicken, beef, pork and lamb. Never dissapoints.

Have fun with your new toy. Easiest way of cooking i know. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement