Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

if wages did not go into account friday is it possible they could go in saturday?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

pretty certain that's a no..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

There will be a huge number of transactions being processed today so it might just be delayed and I only say that because it happened to me once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Company will hold your wages until you contact them. I have read your other thread. Silly thing to do on your part.

Joe10000 wrote: »
    There will be a huge number of transactions being processed today so it might just be delayed and I only say that because it happened to me once.

what do you mean?? is it because this time of year?? plus how long does it take for wages to go into an account?

Company will hold your wages until you contact them. I have read your other thread. Silly thing to do on your part.

really??? but could they not just pay me, how horrible can people be?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Just grow a pair and ring them. Sorted.

Just grow a pair and ring them. Sorted.

i will do it tomorrow, i hope it goes ok:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Corklassy wrote: »

In fairness you did quit without telling them, maybe theyare withholding your wages until they are informed as to why you failed to turn up for work. Only way to find out is to ring them.

Then again the banks have been closed for half the week and are probably dealing with a weeks work in just 2 days.

Or else someone just decided to quit and now their workload is been shoved onto others and everything is going slow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

just wondering

Next processing day for banks is Tuesday 3 January.

Whatever is credited to your account on 3 January should be available from the ATM from Saturday morning 31st.

Nothing happens over the weekend.

In a normal week the clearing system updates five nights a week (Monday to Friday). Nothing happens on a Saturday or Sunday night.

But is this only happening because of the christmas holidays? so confused, i must ring work tomorrow, yuck

• Advertisement

But is this only happening because of the christmas holidays? so confused, i must ring work tomorrow, yuck

Same rules apply all year round. See my post "in a normal week".

With Christmas there's a few non-processing days that will delay things.

But basically if the funds left your employers account on Thursday 29th (day 1) then they should reach your account by Tuesday 3rd (day 3) - but should be available from the ATM tomorrow morning.

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Same rules apply all year round. See my post "in a normal week".

then they should reach your account by Tuesday 3rd (day 3) - but should be available from the ATM tomorrow morning.

sorry to be annoying but how can they reach my atm tomorrow if they won't be available till Tuesday?

and sorry where is your post ' in a normal week'?

and sorry where is your post ' in a normal week'?

sorry - meant sentence, was in my first post.
    sorry to be annoying but how can they reach my atm tomorrow if they won't be available till Tuesday?

The general rule of thumb is this.
    Whatever is credited to your account on the first day of the week (normally Monday, in this case Tuesday as Monday is a bank holiday) is available to access via the ATM from Saturday morning onwards. It won't appear if you ask for a "mini statement" but will show as part of your "available balance".

All this depends on your employer making the payment at their end. If they've withheld the funds then you won't get the cash.

Your original question is "If wages did not go into account Friday is it possible they could go in Saturday?" and the answer is yes for the reasons explained above.

The only way of knowing for sure is to check an ATM sometime tomorrow.

Also another annoying question- what time in the morning should the money go in?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Also another annoying question- what time in the morning should the money go in?!

08.14 am. Exactly.

About 2.30 / 3.00am - not much more than five hours to go. It varies slightly from bank to bank. Easiest is to check it when you get up tomorrow.

So did you talk to your boss or get paid ?

Yeah i talked to one of the employers getting paid next friday- BOOYAH

• Advertisement

Corklassy wrote: »
    Yeah i talked to one of the employers getting paid next friday- BOOYAH

There ya go , all good

thanks everyone, happy new year

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

Start another theard that might help

Advertisement