Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

slurry storage to date

• 30-12-2011 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭

hi all wondering am i the only one in this predicament the tanks are nearly full only about a week left to go till thats it for them regards space, how is other irish farmers fairing out with this??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Neighbour has weanlings back out... sacrificing a paddock feeding bales outdoors, nothing else to be done.. He was hoping for hard dry weather but no chance of that...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

OP have you rain water getting in?

If you have your own vac tank you could suck up a load of dirty water and leave it 'ahem' parked in a field, you'd never know someone might accidentally scratch off the lever for the inlet valve.......at night.

Other option is drop a load into a neighbours tank.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭case 5150

no rainwater getting in. just pure slurry from the cubicles. ahem sum1 might be good enough to rob a few loads for me in the next few days if i leave the tractor and tanker parked handy. ah no joking aside only the land not dry enough i would spread a load or 2 have no choice thats why the tractoor has lights thank god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

not being smart but everyone is supposed to have enough storage for the closed period;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

whelan1 wrote: »
    not being smart but everyone is supposed to have enough storage for the closed period;)

Agreed up to a point, but depends on your location, ppl in donegal had rain every day from mid august to end of oct so they didn't get a chance to empty tanks this autumn before the closed period.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

blue5000 wrote: »
    Agreed up to a point, but depends on your location, ppl in donegal had rain every day from mid august to end of oct so they didn't get a chance to empty tanks this autumn before the closed period.

Yea, same problem round here although I feel some lads held off with the late growth and gambled on the end of the spreading season being dry... badly caught out now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭case 5150

whelan1 wrote: »

ah ye but the back end was p...ing rain everyday for the 2 weeks of the extended period, heifers were housed earlier due to weather so tanks fill up quicker, there is a need for a earlier opening date but ground conditions are still unfit ta travel on:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

case 5150 wrote: »
    ah ye but the back end was p...ing rain everyday for the 2 weeks of the extended period, heifers were housed earlier due to weather so tanks fill up quicker, there is a need for a earlier opening date but ground conditions are still unfit ta travel on:(
    look there where ten months since the end of the last closed period, it wasnt raining all the time....

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭topgeas

spread a bit yesterday. keep me going for 2 weeks. fields very soft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

my neighbour used a 3inch honda pump !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

if someone in the locality had storage available, would they get the slurry for free ( of could they even charge for it???)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭valtra8150

if you get a gun for the top of the tanker or theres another yoke that you put on the back of the tanker where the spread plate goes theres a bend in it and you aim it up so that it will clear the ditch all you do is drive along road while spreading but do it a night. or agatate your tank get a pump with a loang hose and put the pump in the tank and hose up field on top of hill or slope go up 2 or 3 times a day and move the pipe that should keep you going. it looks something like this http://www.genfitt.ie/home/OnlineCatalogue.aspx?id=311&category_id=&valuePath=&class_id=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭funny man

some **** give farmers a bad name!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

funny man wrote: »
    some **** give farmers a bad name!

I thought that was - "some tankers give farmers a bad name!" when I read it first....:D talking about slurry and all that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

Complete joke lads what you are talking about doing regarding dumping of slurry/ soiled water and tough if you moan about the consequences if you get caught. yes I know that things are tight but surely someone local has a bit of spare capacity. My tanks are coming up to within a foot but I have a new 200k gls slatted tank just finished that will alleviate the problem.

Advertisement