Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Body Wash vesus Shower Gel

• 30-12-2011 7:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭

Psst, what's the difference?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Exactly my thoughts.

Why the thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

No idea but I find tea tree shampoo stuff to be better than either of them. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Exactly my thoughts.

Why the thread?

Because someone bought me one of those 'you stink now was yourself!' sets for Xmas and I am wondering which I should use in the shower later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Lots of people asking this online it seems. Our survey Google says...

http://www.trivology.com/articles/742/what-is-the-difference-between-shower-gel-and-body-wash.html

http://www.showerbasics.com/shower-gel.php

http://www.joeclipart.com/blog/archives/2006/12/shower-gel-vs-b.html

I liked this one best, reminds me of Pepsi Max v Diet Pepsi
    Ready? There is no difference. They’re both meant as substitutes for glycerin bar soap in the shower. I didn’t get into it with the saleslady why this name game is necessary, although I assume it has to do with marketing.

To over-generalize using the examples in my photo above, the Bergamot Body Wash seems positioned more as a masculine item. Citrusy and strong, the fragrance is an element of the original eau de cologne. Plus it’s in that manly dark-green bottle with a black cap. The Vanilla Spice Shower Gel, sparkling honey-gold in a transparent container, seems more of a stereotypically feminine scent.

So perhaps “Body Wash” was chosen for its descriptive bluntness, kind of a dumbing-down of the language for guys: Whatdaya do with this stuff? You wash yer body with it, just like Lava, only fancy-smelling. Whereas “Shower Gel,” like a lot of those mysterious cosmetic items ladies store in the bathroom, is more vague, positioned for experienced users only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Galvasean wrote: »
    Because someone bought me one of those 'you stink now was yourself!' sets for Xmas and I am wondering which I should use in the shower later.

I got a load of them for Xmas and I think they're just different words for the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I got a load of them for Xmas and I think they're just different words for the same thing.

Think you got it in one. Marketing jargon to sell the exact same thing to different groups.

My preference is the Sanex stuff. Doesn't have an over powering scent just a good clean feeling afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

There is an Imperial Leather shower gel I get when I can find it.Comes in a blue bottle,canny remember the exact name of it but its one of those all in one dealys - shampoo+shower gel - and it smells amazing.Leaves a nice smell on ones skin for a few hours afterwards,very nice I must say.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

There is an Imperial Leather shower gel I get when I can find it.Comes in a blue bottle,canny remember the exact name of it but its one of those all in one dealys - shampoo+shower gel - and it smells amazing.Leaves a nice smell on ones skin for a few hours afterwards,very nice I must say.

I find the all in one gels leave my hair greasy.. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I find all in ones are Jack of all trades but master of none..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

A bar of soap, cheaper, lasts ten times longer, and I always feel so much cleaner using it. But I'm not religious about it. I'll use anything from one of those hand soap dispensers to washing up liquid if I have to.

I know people who will, in a quick shower just wash their hair, but if I don't soap up my sack, I don't feel like I've had a shower!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Aren't they the same thing?

One thing I have learned is never let anything with mint extract near the nether regions. It's weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I kinda like it

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭marketty

awec wrote: »
    That natural extracts mint stuff is some job.

You have to try the lime one. It feels like you're washing in 7up, but in a good way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

+1 on the 'don't let the mint stuff near the nethers'
    Scared the bejaysus out of me, I thought I'd broken myself :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Yes never brush your teeth in the shower!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Aye. I usually get it in Tescos, and sometimes get three for the price of two. They've recently brought out a "dark red" version which is meant to be of the "wake you up" sort, but as it's only sold in the smaller bottles, I haven't bought it yet.
    A bar of soap, cheaper, lasts ten times longer, and I always feel so much cleaner using it.
    I find my body reacts badly to most soap out there, esp the "PI balanced" ones.

=-=

I only use mint conditioner on my beard for "the Saturday night" as I dislike the smell of some of the other ones.

Advertisement