Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Panasonic Viera Cast cant connect to Internet

• 30-12-2011 7:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,066 ✭✭✭✭

We got a Panasonic tv few weeks weeks and one of the reasons we got it was it had access to internet tv. I have been trying to set it up the last few days with great frustration through an ethernet cable and wireless laptop but when I do the set up manually and put in all the numbers for ip addresses etc it comes back and says it cannot connect to server. When the tv does the set up automatically it cant get the right ip address and just stops at the 2nd point in the access process. (i saw a post on another uk site that said the ip/dns settings to work the setup has to be automatic)

Do I need to cable the tv directly to our router or will the laptop be ok? Is a wireless dongle needed? Or have I just a fortune for a piece of crap?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

Hi Neris,

You will need to connect your TV directly to your router via an ethernet cable OR use a supported wireless dongle. I wouldn`t be confident if it`s possible to connect a device to a network via a laptop in the manner you are attempting.

I have a panasonic G20 and connect to Viera Cast/connect via ethernet with no issue, very easy to setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mekanic

I have a 2010 Panasonic Viera TV model TC-P54G20. I have tried everything in the manual to connect my tv to the internet with no success. I put the settings on wireless as I have a wireless router, with my wireless adaptor plugged into the USB port, then the TV switches to the menu that says "compatible wireless adapter not found....reinsert and try again..." which I have done many times with the same results. I am using a Cisco Valet wireless router and Cisco Valet connector (wireless USB Adapter). I don't know what else to try. Help please?
    Sorry if this is in the wrong forum area but I cannot find "new posts" anywhere on the page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I think you'll need to get the specific Panasonic WiFi dongle for the TV. I think Belkin do one but not sure if it's available here.

Ken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭tmull

I find the Panasonic tvs work best for internet connection when connected with lan cables,ie wired connection. Did you consider the Home plugs option? One plug is connected near the router and the other one near the tv.The plugs are plugged into the electrial wall sockets but work well.TMULL

OK Thanks

• Advertisement

Thanks for your help.
    I don't know what you mean by "Home plug option". However I connected my Cisco wireless router directly to the LAN port on my TV and it did the connection test OK, but it couldn't obtain the IP address. So I don't know what to do now except to purchase that expensive Panasonic adapter!

Sorry I cannot help you further.Perhaps if you asked in the computor section of this forum you might get help on the ip address issue. Google ;Home Plugs to see their capabilitys.TMULL

I just talked to Cisco about connecting my Cisco wireless router to my Panasonic Viera TV and they said I need a port number for the tv. Where do I find the port number on my TV?

Speak to someone at the Panasonicstore.ie in Limerick. I find the staff there very helpful. TMULL

Advertisement