Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the barcode scanner app

• 30-12-2011 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

what can this app do?

I get that you can use it to direct your phone to a website and I also used it to download an app from off my PC screen but I was hoping that it would allow you to compare prices in shops and I have the feeling that that might only work in the States.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I've come across a couple of QR codes on the displays in PCWorld before. Took you to a page with more details about the item, although one of the codes just went to a holding page that said less than the price ticket did.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭geordief

I also saw an advert on one of the Galway City centre bruscar bins.I only use my phone with wifi till now so I have no idea what it was about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 alanda

robinph wrote: »
    I've come across a couple of QR codes on the displays in PCWorld before. Took you to a page with more details about the item, although one of the codes just went to a holding page that said less than the price ticket did.

Which barcode scanner are you talking about? By the way, I just read an artile about how to How-to-stay-safe-when-scanning-QR-codes and I think it's quite useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

There's an Amazon app that let's you scan barcodes (not QR) of products and it pops up with reviews and the price on Amazon.co.uk.

It's very handy.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.amazon.mShop.android

Advertisement